Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: WantAMix Reliability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #1

Default WantAMix Reliability

I have been using a Novak dig switch in my MOA and am wanting to go to a different dig switch since I haven't had a great experience with the Novak dig switch. I am wanting to keep with my dx3r pro because I really like the feel and the ease of operation and to save $$$ since I already have several rx's for it. So my question... is the wantamix reliable and how is it programming wise. Pretty much I'm wanting to hear about other people's experience with this how they liked the feel, programming, and just the basic operation of it. Thanks in advance!
losi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: WantAMix Reliability

I've used it in an XR10 and it worked flawlessly. Great dig function and proportioning. I sold that crawler but the guy that bought it is still using it. No problems as far as I know. Easy to program actually. I would recommend as a viable option to the expensive controllers.
strato54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I have 2 XR10's with a want-a-mix in each. Been running them for over a year. Works perfect everytime. Easy to setup and use. I bought them because I have a DX3R and just dont want to get rid of it.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'm running the older version WantAmix on a Futaba 3PM-x & dual FX-R's. Have close to 2 years on it and no issues (in a 2.2 Bully on 3S).
The settings do drift a little, but the more recent version (that came out withing 4 months of me buying my current one ...) is more stable.

Programming the WantAmix itself is just 3 pots, not hard at all.

I have no issues recommending one.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i've been runnin' 1 for 1 1/2 years now on my XR10 with twin FXR's and DX3R and never any issues at all, works great.
motoj550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #6

Ok thank you all for the input it has been very helpful now I still have a question. I was looking on the overkill rc website and there are different options such as the standard header, low profile, or the wired version which I understand but there is also a different one with a 90 degree header (beta version) which looks to only have two plugs. So my question why does it only have two plugs compared to four and what's the difference in the beta version and non beta version and are there any pros or cons?
losi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
Got Worms?

How many threads are you going to start about this topic?

There's pictures on my website, the beta version, you plug in the two esc's directly into the wantamix and then plug the cables coming off the wantamix into the rx...

I've only had a handful come in for warranty...i've sold around 100 of them and i'm sure greg(wantAsummit) sold a fair number of them before i started selling them.

I recommend a hacked flysky over a wantamix though...and i probably won't have any more wantamixs till this summer when i hope to finish the wantAmix-PRO which i'm redesigning the og wantAmix to be more compact and have zero drift.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote

WantAMix Reliability - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chevy Cobalt SS reliability? 72Blazer Chit Chat 2 02-07-2013 02:06 PM
Tekin RS systems- Sensored control, Brushless reliability JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 19 07-22-2009 08:44 PM
Reliability? NoblesvilleKid Non Crawler RC's 8 07-30-2008 12:26 AM
mrc super brain 959 reliability question. madmaxxed Electronics 9 02-01-2008 09:26 PM