Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Sidewinder SV3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Sidewinder SV3

So i have had my sidewinder SV3 for a while now and love it. I am wondering if anyone has tested its "water proofness" yet. The manual says do not run submerged, but I want to know if this is because it cannot be or because Castle can then use that as an excuse to not warranty it if you do. I have not been brave enough to try it yet...anyone else?
Valreesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Sidewinder SV3

If they say don't submerge it, try it and just tell them you didn't submerge it.. you were just bashing in heavy rain and your positive there was alot of water splashing up into the chassis area.. doubt they'll straight up call you a liar.. Its advertised as waterproof, not water resistant.

Personally, I think the ESC is small enough to fit into a little tupperware container, I will put mine in a small container then either shoe goo or silicone it up just to be safe, why not?
matt889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Ive dunked mine numerous times and it still works without any problems and I always rinse it out with clean water when Im done like it says to.
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:14 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Good to hear. Is it a quick in and out or did you have it stay under for a few seconds?
Old 03-31-2013, 04:43 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valreesio View Post
Good to hear. Is it a quick in and out or did you have it stay under for a few seconds?
My local spot is right next to a river and we usually stay in and around it, ive had it submerged for over a minute before and still worked. I also have to mud truck scalers and they both have SV3's and they are usually caked think with mud and just nasty wetness and they also operate fine
Old 03-31-2013, 06:21 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Hmmm.. These are reassuring comments, I might have to pick up a sv3 o0. Can anyone comment on if the sv2 is as reliable as the sv3? Not for waterproof just general scaling, I know a few years ago there were a lot of complaints about the sv2 running 3s brushed, were the bugs ever worked out?

Also if anyone else has submerged their sv3 with success it would be great to hear from you! I am in then process of building a waterproof truck also
matt889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanks RebelRacer, I am feeling better now about going into the deeper water.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt889 View Post
Hmmm.. These are reassuring comments, I might have to pick up a sv3 o0. Can anyone comment on if the sv2 is as reliable as the sv3? Not for waterproof just general scaling, I know a few years ago there were a lot of complaints about the sv2 running 3s brushed, were the bugs ever worked out?

Also if anyone else has submerged their sv3 with success it would be great to hear from you! I am in then process of building a waterproof truck also
The SV3 is just a re-badged SV2 but I haven't had any issues running them on 2s or 3s and for the price you might as well just get the SV3.

Also a buddy of mine has a SV3 and has done the same with his. So between him and me we've dunked and ran 5 SV3 systems
Old 05-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #9

Hi

Are you all running the SV3 with brushless setups?

I bought mine to run brushed and there are MAJOR software issues in this config!
Andybra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt889 View Post

While not a scaler/crawler I put mine in a T4.2 and have run nothing but 3S with no issues other than its just rediculously too fast . VERY reliable IMO and a great investment for cheap (ish) $
Phins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sidewinder SV3 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SV3 or BR-XL Francois Electronics 21 08-30-2013 12:54 AM
In Stock Castle Creations 1/10 SV3 Sidewinder 12V ESC Waterproof RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 11 05-03-2013 05:17 PM
castle sv3 are in tunnalram North Dakota 0 02-22-2013 02:15 PM
Sv3... solly98 Axial SCX-10 15 02-02-2013 11:39 PM