RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   ESC help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/439719-esc-help.html)

04zrx 04-14-2013 03:15 PM

ESC help

I'm looking for a esc that will do brushed and brushless, sensored and sensorless for my Ridgecrest. Tekin, Mamba max pro, thanks for the advise. I currently have a BR-XL but that won't do brushless, sensored.

thanks

p.s. I did look to try to find the answer before posting.

mjc597 04-14-2013 03:18 PM

You wrote the answer in your post............mamba max pro will do all those things u listed........

-sent from my smarter than me phone

04zrx 04-14-2013 04:30 PM

Re: ESC help

Castle Mamba Max pro doesn't do brushed, does it? Cuz I need it to.

Phins Fan 04-14-2013 04:46 PM

It will by not hooking up the 3rd wire. You can also go Novak Eiger and I believe the Goat 3s as well.

Meatwad 04-14-2013 04:56 PM

Mamba max pro and tekin rs will do brushed, brushless sensorless and brushless sensored.

Charlie-III 04-14-2013 06:32 PM

BTW..."censored" means you don't want to hear/listen.
"Sensored" means the ESC gets feed back from the motor.

It may be a "huge" difference.

Yes, I'm a PITA......but it helps.....(me)

Frikkin look it up.:flipoff:

I have a kidlet, you're not one of them.....:roll:

8)

mjc597 04-14-2013 06:34 PM

If u have the castle link and software the mmp can be changed over to brushed mode and u can up the drag brake to something like 213%..I had one in a scaler for a while..still kick myself for selling it...

-sent from my smarter than me phone

04zrx 04-14-2013 08:44 PM

Thanks all, I think I'll go with the Castle Mamba Max Pro then, I have the castle link already.

Charlie-III: chill dude.:mrgreen:

Roland5color 04-14-2013 08:55 PM

Tekin rx8 will do both as well

Pete Attryde 04-15-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04zrx (Post 4277697)
Thanks all! I think I'll go with the Castle Momba Max Pro then, I have the castle link allready.

Mamba not Momba :wink:

Pete.

04zrx 04-15-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Attryde (Post 4278036)
Mamba not Momba :wink:

Pete.

corrected again :shock: Now I've gone back and tried to fix my spelling mistakes, sorry if I'm not very good at spelling :flipoff:

Charlie-III 04-15-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04zrx (Post 4278084)
corrected again :shock: Now I've gone back and tried to fix my spelling mistakes, sorry if I'm not very good at spelling :flipoff:

Mamba Max Pro is what I use/recommend.

You can also look up "Brushless Hobbies" (I believe that is the name). Duuuuuuuude has a thread on them in this section.
Here you go...http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...-120a-esc.html

[PS, sorry to sound snippy before, but misspelled words makes it hard to search for info for yourself & others, especially major items like brand names & operation. ;-)8)]

04zrx 04-15-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie-III (Post 4278103)
Mamba Max Pro is what I use/recommend.

You can also look up "Brushless Hobbies" (I believe that is the name). Duuuuuuuude has a thread on them in this section.
Here you go...http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...-120a-esc.html

[PS, sorry to sound snippy before, but misspelled words makes it hard to search for info for yourself & others, especially major items like brand names & operation. ;-)8)]

Apology accepted! You guys know how to use the internet much better than I do that is for sure. Some of the research you guys do to find an answer is amazing. There is a ton of knowledge on this forum it truly is great.

thanks"thumbsup"

04zrx 04-16-2013 04:25 AM

here is the thing, I just bought a BL system for my Summit (don't have it yet) and it is a Tekin, so does it make sense to have two different setups in two rigs or does it make more sense to have the same ESC in two rigs? Not fully understanding esc I went ahead and ordered the Tekin RX8 without hesitation (for the Summit), it seemed like a good unit.

Thanks for all replies.

mammoth 04-16-2013 08:53 AM

You can't go wrong with the tekin RX8. Its probably one of the best esc's on the market period. It will be right at home in your summit. It doesn't matter if one rig has castle and the other tekin. You will need a tekin hotwire to program the rx8 and a castle link for the other which I believe you said you had. But just my 2 cents that if you are running a brushed motor stick with the brxl. No need to change out the esc just to run the same type of motor!!!

04zrx 04-16-2013 03:50 PM

here is the deal, I have both brushed and brushless (motors) for the Ridgecrest so I kinda want to be able to run either if I want to, that would be the only reason for the new esc.