Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: possible fried esc?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default possible fried esc?

hey guys, ive got a 1:16th ken block traxxes drift car, i was out playing with it today, maybe 10 minutes in or so and it just shut off like it would when a lipo dies. it was strange because i was running dual lipos at 3s combined, so two 3s lipos set up to give me longer run time. done this a few times and this thing has been on lipos for a while. well today it shut off like normal so i thought maybe its because these lipos were charged a couple weeks back and used once for a short while, so i tossed in a fresh one and nothing. its very jittery to get forward movement out of it and has a top speed of about 3 mph, and no reverse at all. i tried re setting the esc in to sport mode and changing it to nimh and back to lipo mode and nothing. so im wondering if ive somehow managed to damage the esc in this thing. ive only had it a few months and its been used maybe 10 times. if i said it had more than 2 hours of total run time id be exaggerating. i dont have another brushless esc to throw in there so is there another way to test it?
bouncyroof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: possible fried esc?

you would have to send it back to traxxas for them to see whats wrong with it but i think you`ve fried and your luck it lasted as long as it did as there not the best esc going around. but i will say just buy a ezrun or turnigy 60a esc from hobbyking or somewere like that i had one in my mini revo and never had any problems with it plus you can program it with the program card aswell
boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I'll have to contact traxxas, it's too bad, I've got a traxxas esc in my crawler and it's been through hell and back and has endless hours of use on it. What's one of the units you mention worth?
Old 04-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
RCC Addict

maybe its the LVC
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

How can I test them? I'm waiting to hear back from a buddy to see if he had a brushless esc I can borrow just to plug in
Old 04-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

looks like he fried his esc as well, believe he said his was a castle. suddenly this hobby isnt as much fun when things are starting to break that cost more than 10 bucks, lol
Old 04-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

so traxxas replied, said the car has a 30 day warranty which is now up, but said for 80 bucks with return shipping theyll check and fix the motor and esc, realistically if im spending 80 bucks ill put that towards a better unit and not some piece of shit that cant make it past a couple hours run time
Old 04-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncyroof View Post
so traxxas replied, said the car has a 30 day warranty which is now up, but said for 80 bucks with return shipping theyll check and fix the motor and esc, realistically if im spending 80 bucks ill put that towards a better unit and not some piece of shit that cant make it past a couple hours run time

thats complete bs a 30 day warrenty. we in the uk and europe have a two years with anything electrical it doesnt matter what it is but if your willing to spend the moeny try a axial ae-2 or eevn holmes hobby`s torqueamster br-xl they even do a waterproof version with a 60 day guarantee and it looks exactly like a ae-2 and both are made by castle creation`s. i run a waterproofed ae-2 in my rig with no worry`s

Holmes Hobbies LLC
boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote

possible fried esc? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I think my esc fried Motorhead Electronics 2 01-07-2011 07:29 AM
Fried ESC nhwheelin Redcat Crawlers 4 02-21-2010 05:07 AM
Who else fried their esc? shadowrejects Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 28 02-15-2010 09:03 PM
1 Fried ESC + 1 Fried ESC = BRAND NEW ESC nd4spdbh Electronics 6 04-06-2006 02:25 PM
Is my ESC fried? rcr3fan29 Electronics 2 02-01-2006 02:23 PM