Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: something is not right

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #1

Default something is not right

I'm trying to hook in this cc bec. Searched around here and YouTube, followed the instructions, this is how I have it hooked up
Bec to a Y connector to servo to axial ae2
Receiver in throttle
Lights in battery
Now when I "cut" the red wire on the ae2 I get no throttle but steering works, plug red wire back in and everything works. Will this fry anything?
And also my on/off switch is not working anymore, and I'd like to have it working, I've hooked it up a couple different ways that some local crawlers told me might work .I should also say that the bec is soldered into the battery terminals .

I'm confused as to why I have constant power as soon as the battery is plugged in and why my on/off switch won't work. I know my steering will be on all times but I thought I could shut off esc , will this harm my truck in Anyway?
dirtyrigpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: something is not right

this is how I did mine ok pull the red wire from ur ae2 plug that into the throttle slot make sure u seal off the red wire so it don't short then I plug in my sterrin into the sterring slot the bec got plugged into any empty slot then the lights.the reason the on off switch don't work is when u plug in the batt the bec gets its power an sends it to everything hope this helps if u need more help u can pm me
tdevilman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:56 AM   #3

You are bypassing your ESC with power. The on/off switch is on the ESC so when you bypass the ESC it makes the on/off usless. The power that's going into the receiver from the BEC is making its way back into the ESC. Your ESC is no longer the choke point in the power flow. It doesn't control your power anymore. It only controls the power to the motor. Not the entire system. Mine does the same thing. Its fine. you just have to unplug the batt to shut it down. I just removed the on/off from mine.
Cougar503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
In the band for now.

bypass the on / off switch and just solder the wires together. one less problem to worry about.
lemonhead is offline   Reply With Quote