Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: mamba micro pro calibrating issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #1

Default mamba micro pro calibrating issue

Hey guys i have built an xr10 and i received my escs the other day and cannot seem to get them calibrated. i hook up all my electronics and get steering responce but havent seen my motorz so much as make a glitch so far. i have them both programed with castle link. my 4pl is all set up as far as i know. when i try to calibrate i pull trigger plug batt into ecs and it starts to blink yellow led. it wont detect full throttle or brake or neutral. motors dont do anything. im stumped any advise would be greatly appreciated. all my trims r set to 0 and i rev throttle channle already.
choco204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: mamba micro pro calibrating issue

EPAs?
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #3

EPAs are set to 100
Old 04-26-2013, 05:32 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

1-Are the ESC's plugged in correctly? (dark wire on the RX plug is usually towards the edge of the RX)
2-Are your throttle subtrims set to "0"?
3-Is throttle "expo" turned off?

Read this.... Castle Creations | FAQ: 1/10th Scale Products ...near the bottom.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #5

yea iv check all of the above. it is still doing same thing. i bought a new batt and still same thing. the escs seem to be counting cells and then going straight into low voltage cutoff cause i get green and yellow leds blinking. im completly lost now. thx for trying to help me out guys.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Make sure lipo cutoff is set properly?
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by choco204 View Post
Yeah I've checked all of the above. It is still doing same thing. I bought a new batt and still same thing. The ESC's seem to be counting cells and then going straight into low voltage cutoff because I get green and yellow LEDs blinking. I'm completely lost now. thx for trying to help me out guys.
According to the "troubleshooting" in the linked document, green & yellow blinking is "LVC". You can change the setting using your radio if you don't have a Castle Link.

We're not giving up yet.....
Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Yep, what they said, I had the same issue with one of my micros with the latest firmware , so I programmed the esc to the receiver with the Lvc turned off , it programmed fine, then I went to the castle link and turned the Lvc back on and it worked perfectly.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I know we have been emailing on this. What firmware are you using? I ONLY use V 1.24. You can roll back to that by selecting it and then updating. From there use the auto detect @ 3v per cell, forward to brake to reverse, drag brake at 213%, full reverse throttle and brake power, and brushed reversing.

Also, read through this, its a thread I started a while back to help folks. The first post has a screen shot of the settings I use

Castle Creations ESC tip thread(brushed)
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
I know we have been emailing on this. What firmware are you using? I ONLY use V 1.24. You can roll back to that by selecting it and then updating. From there use the auto detect @ 3v per cell, forward to brake to reverse, drag brake at 213%, full reverse throttle and brake power, and brushed reversing.

Also, read through this, its a thread I started a while back to help folks. The first post has a screen shot of the settings I use

Castle Creations ESC tip thread(brushed)
You like V1.24, I like V1.28. I think the newer firmwares (after 1.28 ) are not as suited to crawler use.....at least, others here seem to have issues.

Last edited by Charlie-III; 04-27-2013 at 05:58 AM. Reason: fix number that turned into a smilie...
Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #11

thx guys ill try that right now.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I had the same issue. You probably loaded beta 1.39 as i did. I went back to 1.38 and everything is peachy
losiking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #13

still no luk :( i let a friend take a look who knows alot more about electronics than me. He told me it may be heat dmg. im not sure if i should believe him, but since im still stumped ill take it to my lhs. thx again guys for trying to help. i appreciate it.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I can very much assure you there is no heat damage. Been professionally soldering for 11 years, not to mention I bench test everything before shipment.

It sounds to me like a radio issue. You should double check your programming on the radio and make sure it is mixed properly.

Also be sure that the red wires on the esc's are pulled out and only the BEC is powering the receiver. If you didnt do this, you can risk ruining the ESC'S. Make sure you have the rx plugs in the proper direction. The light tan wire is the siginalWhite wire. The brown is the negative/black wire. Castle likes to use goofy colors. Your esc's will never calibrate if theyre hooked up wrong.

To make sure each esc works of you need to, you can try this one esc at a time using the throttle channel to test with:

Plug in the battery. When the esc chimes, apply a tiny bit of throttle OR reverse until the lights stop blinking then hold it for a second. The esc should arm at that point, then when you give it throttle or reverse, the motor should move. This method is ONLY for testing an esc. It doesnt calibrate it.

Please let me know what firmware you have on it, and the settings. Also, post a picture of your receiver with all the rx pkugs in it

We will figure this out. I havent had a single issue with any of these so Im sure its just a radio issue
Old 04-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #15

ok thx chris ill try to mess around again on monday and take a few pics and post them on here.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:15 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I had similar problems . I thought I had ruined a couple of MM Pros mashing them together . After changing them back to an older firmware no more calibration issues . Thanks !!!
azvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #17

ok, iv reloaded 1.24 firmware. its not giving me the low voltage leds anymore, but it still will not calibrate. now when i try to calibrate it starts off with chime then counts my batt cells and does another chime and starts beeping and blinking red. i will post a picture of my receiver with all the plugs. i have servo and bec pluged into 1 front esc in 2 and rear esc in 4, and the red wires are pulled from both my esc's. these things r driving me nuts... lol
Old 04-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by choco204 View Post
OK, I've reloaded 1.24 firmware. It's not giving me the low voltage LEDs anymore, but it still will not calibrate. Now when I try to calibrate it starts off with chime then counts my batt cells and does another chime and starts beeping and blinking red. I will post a picture of my receiver with all the plugs. I have servo and BEC plugged into channel 1, front ESC into channel 2 and rear ESC into channel 4, and the red wires are pulled from both my ESC's. these things are driving me nuts... lol
Did you even read this.... Castle Creations | FAQ: 1/10th Scale Products ?? I believe it will help you out.

BTW, how do you have a servo & a BEC into a single channel?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Does the RX light up?
Old 04-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #20

im using a Y harness to connect them both. ill try separate. the rx lights up green.

mamba micro pro calibrating issue - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mamba micro pro issue greenjeeper92 Electronics 13 03-04-2011 06:27 PM
Mamba Max Pro not calibrating to transmitter keithgemmill Electronics 23 08-17-2010 08:52 AM