Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Axil scx10 turning alone after mud pit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #1

Default Axil scx10 turning alone after mud pit

Hello,

First of all hi to all, big fan of forum, my first post tought,

I have a weird behaviour with my rig, and a friend of mine has exactly the same after some mud/water.

Its an axial scx10, with tekin fxr 35T. 2 cell lipo. A tekin high torque waterproof servo. We dont have external BEC. we have different receivers (spektrum him, and a flysky GT3C with 8 channel, me)

The rig is not waterproofed, yet(I already have plastidip), and so we take them to small pits carefully, avoiding to go very deep.

the problem: Sometimes with acceleration the rc turns to the left alone (with no steering command).

Theory one: Water got in servo. negative, opened the servo and completely dry, even the board inside is waterproofed

Theory two: receiver or esc got wet, negative. receiver completely dry inside axial box, and esc, placed on top of the box very high had a bit of mud but dry.

Theory three: motor-esc dean conector got water (actually was sometimes under water because is very close to the motor), and so, water makes kind of a shortcut or decreases motor resistance, and so, from encreased esc effort to moove motor, esc BEC fails, resulting in a loss of power to the servo, making it turn clockwise (exact same direction for both rigs), resulting in wheels turning left.

Theory four: Something with the winch, that got under water by mistake testing deep of pit (only winch, potentiometer completely dry inside rig box). works perfectly by the way. possible shortcut trasnmitted to the receiver?

In overall, I think the esc internal BEC is falling short for both of us, dont know why. This happened twice to my and once to my friend.

What do you think?

You can see if you want a couple of pictures and videos of the rigs in CrUAOleros the ones with problems are the desert dingo (mine) and the scx10 with red toyota body (a friend).
 photo tumblr_mgu6jtLkbx1s3gtndo1_12801_zpsfa38106c.jpg
jcacosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Axil scx10 turning alone after mud pit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shannon Campbell dominating the mud pit at the top truck challenge bastard Chit Chat 20 06-14-2012 07:35 PM
Roland rc orv mud pit testing ROLANDROCKSHOP Scale Videos! 10 03-09-2011 10:24 PM
New mud pit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crawl kid General Scale Talk 3 11-07-2009 04:58 PM
TTC Mud Pit Video badBKO Florida 15 11-03-2009 01:37 PM
Mud + Mud Slingers + Big Kid = Mud Pit and Trouble RPP Hobby Chit Chat 11 09-25-2007 08:39 AM