Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Newbie issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #1

Default Newbie issues

I posted this in the newbie section as well but i think i'm better off here. Here it is:

I need some specific help. I'm working with a Dx3r and a Wraith w/ a mamba max pro esc and tekin redline 13.5 sensored motor.

I'm new to everything. spektrum controllers, Electric cars and crawling in general. Can someone please help me sup up the controller with the proper Throttle/brake/drag brake settings.

I purchased the both the wraith and controller used. Bound the receiver and took off started screwing around. after noticing some issues like in reverse the truck was way more responsive and faster than in forward i started changin setting in the controller not knowing exactly what i was doing, and now its totally messed up. everythin still techincally works but at low speeds when torque is needed to motor kinda jerks on and off. and when you punch it its like your rolling on the throttle not instant. i first need to fix those 2 problems..

Again newbie here be kind

Eric
3ric85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Sounds like the ESC has been programmed to give a slow smooth acceleration and may not have been messed with for the reverse the castle escs have castle link and cannot be hooked up to a computer and basically tuned for your exact needs I'm not saying this is your problem but it may be somewhere to start looking

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
memphis_m3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #3

Default Re: Newbie issues

You're probably right. i was able to calibrate my esc to my rx ans start from scratch. it seems to be working great. ill take her out and prbo want to make more changes soon and more than likely slow it back down its a lil fast for crawling it looks like.

thanks for the help
3ric85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Newbie issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First TF2 newbie issues!! jim_w RC4WD Trail Finder 2 7 03-05-2013 12:00 PM
Newbie with Scorpion Issues Laffoon Electronics 5 01-21-2011 06:57 PM
Newbie ESC issues TheSean Electronics 7 06-05-2009 10:53 AM
wiring issues newbie need some help guys richieboy24 Newbie General 2 09-27-2007 05:34 PM
Newbie with GRC Issues easyrabbit General Crawlers 5 09-19-2007 11:57 PM