Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Turnigy vs speedpack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Turnigy vs speedpack

So I traded 2 turnigy nano tech 2s 4000mah 35c batteries with only 5 cycles on them for 2 speedpacks. Ones a 3s 4200mah 30c and the other is 3s 5000mah 20c. Both have about 10 cycles on them.

My question is how did I make out. I have no experience with speedpacks nor have I heard much about them.

I bought the nanos for my scx10 then soon wish I had gotten 3s batteries, so when this trade came up I jumped on it.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
sidehiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Turnigy vs speedpack

what is a speedpack?
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Sorry
Dynamite speedpack

Old 05-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolferlee View Post
what is a speedpack?
Dynamite Speedpack Lipos would be my guess.

OP, most batteries are just that, batteries, as long as they've been taken care of and not abused you should be good. If you're happy with the trade then, I'd say you made out alright. I personally have some Turnigy Nano-Techs, Dynamite Speedpacks, and Venom brand batteries. I've used Traxxas packs in the past, all without fail. There's so many different brands and sizes, I personally don't think any one is better than the other.

Short storytime, I bought a pair of 2S 5000mah 20C Venom packs off here almost 2 years ago for the cost of shipping ($6), seller told me he didn't know if they were any good, as they'd been sitting on the bench for a good while. When I got them, checked voltage levels. Pack 1 was right at the cut-off voltage, awesome. Pack 2 had one cell that was down to less than 2 volts, other cell was at cut-off voltage. Well, I did some searching and took my time nursing the one cell back up to cut-off. I used them all last year in my SCX10 and am still using them today in my daughter's Wraith. Would I use them in a go fast rig, no, but in the right application I see them lasting a good while still. Trying to bring a battery back from the dead isn't for the faint of heart and most would just recycle the pack and buy new.
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks devil you read my thoughts. I just haven't heard much about the speed packs. Just wanted a second opinion.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I bought a 2s 5000mah dynamite speedpack for my sons stampede about 2 years ago, and it's still going strong today! It's been balanced always and still packs as much punch as when I got it.

-sent from my smarter than me phone
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

There's very little variance in lipo's today...even though some people who spend over $100 each will swear that theirs perform better than a $40 one. I run four different brands and they all balance perfect and the I.R. readings are right on the money. They all are inexpensive which is great, however in my experience, the quality of chargers play a big role in the performance and safety of your lipo's, not the brand of lipo.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote

Turnigy vs speedpack - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Primal radiant charger and speedpack 3300 6cell Nimh battery Jayfro Newbie General 6 01-16-2013 04:32 PM
Turnigy GTX3 ?? gtxr Electronics 1 08-13-2012 06:44 AM
turnigy battery bigg rocker Team Losi Comp Crawler 6 01-06-2011 03:50 PM