Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: question about hh - holmes hold setting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

I was wondering for those using the brxl and the holmes hold drag brake setting, what are your settings on. My esc was in the holmes hold setting and the drag brake was on 10%. It cane to me like this so I left it alone. While playing yesterday I noticed the hold didn't seem all that impressive, like people say it is. So this am I set the drag brake to 80% and woah what a difference. Also sometimes it seems a bit noisy, I'm assuming this is the holmes hold working? I know it's prpbably a preferance but what do most of you guys using it set it at? I'm thinking of turning mine down just a little more..

-sent from my smarter than me phone

Last edited by mjc597; 05-25-2013 at 08:34 AM.
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: question about hh - holmes hold setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc597 View Post
I was wondering for those using the brxl and the holmes hold drag brake setting, what are your settings on. My esc was in the holmes hold setting and the drag brake was on 10%. It cane to me like this so I left it alone. While playing yesterday I noticed the hold didn't seem all that impressive, like people say it is. So this am I set the drag brake to 80% and woah what a difference. Also sometimes it seems a bit noisy, I'm assuming this is the holmes hold working? I know it's prpbably a preferance but what do most of you guys using it set it at? I'm thinking of turning mine down just a little more..

I think it depends on how skilled you are at rolling off the throttle. If you aren't good at controlling your throttle when doing things like landing from jumping a gap, than you need to run it softer than someone who is good at it.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Mine is at 60% on the Scaler (3S, CrawlMaster Pro 20T). Not noisy at all and definitely won't move unless I make it.
50% on my MOA super. (3S, 2xTorqueMaster Expert 35T). Also not noisy but it's VERY heavy and will roll very slowly but only on extremely steep straight-up climbs.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Mine in my scx with a crawlmaster 13t on 3s is set at 40 and it will do front flips if i don't control my throttle good.
mark32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

i set mine at 60 also earlier today..also i'm running a 35t tekin motor on 3s.. i like it (for now..lol), depending on how steep of a climb i'm stopping on, the motor seems noisy to me..i think it's the holmes hold working..or trying to work..?.. it holds really good..just makes some noise when i let off the throttle for it to hold on a hill or set of rocks..but only if it's a very steep hill or incline..it stops the noise after a second or so.. but i wanted to hear what others had to say about it and get some opinions and ideas.. thanks for the replies..
Old 05-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

i turned my hold off. just using 80% drag brake. works well but i may turn down a little as my new set up wont roll very well on downgrades. try tuning hold off and see if the noise goes away.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

In some cases hold can be noisy as its active braking afaik. My preference for drag on scalers is just enough to barely hold/slow roll down a decent grade. Still itchy on the trigger finger and too much drag will cause me to endo usually And of course the amount is different on all my rigs, gearing/weight/voltage all play a part.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I think most of the noise was because I was trying it out on carpet inside.. I went out on my trail and found there to be almost no noise, mainly just when the hold was activating. I have a feeling I'll be tuning alot till I get it where I like it. I don't like my rigs to do endos when I let off, I have good control, but my son usually drives mine for a little while, and he's usually all or nothing! I'd like it to creep down steep grades slowly, so I'll b adjusting till I'm happy! Thanks for the replies, I like to get an idea of what others do as well. At the moment my wraith with battery weighs 7 1/2lbs.

question about hh - holmes hold setting - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Esc setting question. Beej Axial Wraith 7 01-09-2012 02:46 PM
Holmes Hold jmike Electronics 2 01-09-2011 07:14 PM
Holmes Hold Question Arct1k Electronics 1 06-07-2010 07:20 AM