RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   low rpm whine from all ESCs but Tekin FXR, why is that? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/446448-low-rpm-whine-all-escs-but-tekin-fxr-why.html)

it8ezbngrn 05-26-2013 10:06 PM

low rpm whine from all ESCs but Tekin FXR, why is that?

So when I am crawling on any other esc but the Tekin FXR the motor makes a whine at very low rpms. I have tried an older Sidewinder and a MMP. The MMP has a power cap. The Tekin has always been silent and that is nice. Id run other Tekin but the limit is 35T motor on 3S. I need to run a 27T.

1tonscout 05-27-2013 12:05 PM

Re: low rpm whine from all ESCs but Tekin FXR, why is that?

cordless drills do the same thing. I could be wrong but I think speed controlls work by sending pulses of power to the motor. so at low speed the power would be high frequincy low volt/amperage. When the escs gets the signal for more power the frequincy gets higher and same with the volts/amps. The frequencies the amp run at are audible and since the motor is essentially a speaker (coil & magnet) you can hear a high pich wine. Also, If you hook up a motor in place of speeker it will produce sound.

AddictedtoRC1 05-27-2013 01:45 PM

If it's bothersome enough for you to want to buy a new ESC, get yourself a Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster. Silent mode, up to 6S capable and will be fine with a 27T motor.

lemonhead 05-27-2013 03:04 PM

ive been running a 27t, 3s on my wraith with an FXR for over 2 years. never had a problem & neither the motor or ESC get hot.

winnerone23 05-27-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by it8ezbngrn (Post 4337938)
So when I am crawling on any other esc but the Tekin FXR the motor makes a whine at very low rpms. I have tried an older Sidewinder and a MMP. The MMP has a power cap. The Tekin has always been silent and that is nice. Id run other Tekin but the limit is 35T motor on 3S. I need to run a 27T.

I'm with you on running tekin, I run a fxr in my 1.9, 2.2s, 2.2p, scx, and for a while in my wraith.. scx, 2.2p, and the wraith all had 4s caps, 2.2s will soon. The scx has been well over a year running 4s on a 35t HH pro.

The wraith has been thru some changes.. I started with the fxr with 4s cap with what I thought was a 27t HH pro, it went for a comm cut and I was told it was a 17t... so I figured it for a crawlmaster as did JRH. ( Since I was running it on 4s)
Well long story shorter.. the fxr did fine in my wraith, on 3s, with a 17t HH TM pro.. as for 4s, the motor finally gave out, it couldn't take it! The fxr is still goin strong..
Now this is just my personal experience.
I have been over abusing all my fxr's since day one and they all still work.
Maybe its the 4s cap that allows it to live or just the fact that its the most reliable esc on the market!!! Imo

I switched to a tekin rs in my wraith now, which is sporting a 4s cap as well.. :cool: