Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: spektrum dx3c issues!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default spektrum dx3c issues!

so i have had this remote for a while now and its been in three different vehicles and all of them have had the same issue. in my exo, scx10, and now my wraith all three have alot less speed going forward and almost no power in reverse. the stock controlers i have had in them all worked fine is there any way to fix this thru tweaking anything on the remote or is it something iam screwed on?
arcanecrawler89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: spektrum dx3c issues!

what are the end point set at and did you calibrate the esc to the radio?
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

dont kno for sure i think that my remote is eating crap....
Old 05-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

what
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

i think my remote is on its last leg about to eat shit
Old 05-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I'd start by, installing a fresh set of batteries & checking all the settings, just in case they've been messed with. Next step would be recalibrate each rig to the radio. I dial my 'travel' settings down when I let my 3 year old drive my Wraith, they can be adjusted 0-150%.
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

iam the only one that drives it ill try that out but would setting it back to factory spec help? the batteries i have in are fresh and its only synced to my wraith all of my rcs have separate remotes for now
Old 05-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

In Expo? I think, Or can't remeber the settings you can adjust power applied forward and reverse. up to 150% I think also in Travel their is a setting as well that can change a lot of this. I wont let the kids touch my Exo buggy anymore simpply because I use to let my 5 year old run it but I wouls set the power limit down to 50% or less according vs 150% whan I ran it.

I have been thinging about jumping up to a higher end Specktrum Radio, but Have had no issues with Dx3c at all, so I havent worried about it. I know there is a card copy for a SD card, so you can litterally copy you model setting onto the SD card and instatly load them on a new Dx3c or higher Spektrum Radio. Not sure when this featue came out but I know its on mine.

Look at The manual or I think Spektrum has the in PDF on thier website. My only problem I havent been able to fix and I am not sure if its me, Spektrum Radio's, Spektrum itself or the recivers. Is I can not get the range I would really like out of them. It's sad to day that My kids have a cheapo Hobby town 1/18 scale Dominus and they get almost as much range with that as I get with mine.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #9

I have the same range problems with my dx3c. I also have had a problem with 2 of the oem receivers. I got horrible range with them. I did a ton of reading on the web and discovered that the 300 and 301 series rx are "sport" receivers and do not have the range of the higher end 3100 series rx. There is also a workaround for these receivers to make a dipole entanae for them. Apparently with this mod you can drive the thing till it is out of sight and still have controll. Here is a link of the mod.

Tutorial: how to increase your DX3S range
colorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I just bought this radio at Hobby Town USA in Fort Collins last night. Kinda wish i woulda waited, cause now i want more channels. LOL. Is there a way i can add more channels??

J.
06ToasterBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

yeh i just got a dx6i for that reason seeing as i have a winch and dig so i have one or two channels left for maybe a rear winch and or 4wheel steer
Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #12

Update. I have range problems with 4 of the receivers. OEM, and also the cheap orange ones from hobby king. The orange ones actually have better range and less gliltching then the oem Spektrum ones. This is my 2nd dx3c tx-rx setup. 1st one had a range of about 25 feet out of the box and I exchanged it for a new one. Now this one is having problems with range and also glitching on 1 of the oem receivers. 2 of my oem sr300 recievers glitch horrible as soon as somebody turns on a flysky transmitter. I lose all control of my vehicles. Seems to be a common problem with Spektrum and flysky. I have 3 new higher end Spektrum receivers coming in the mail. If those don't solve the problems, Im ditching it and going with a Futaba system. I don't have time to mess with the problems any more. I have read hours of information on forums about spektrum and my problems seem to be very common.
colorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I used to or still do like my DC3X. The only issue I have is range which seems to be a comon issue complaint. A previous poster said the higher end recievers offer better range, havent tried that. My one and only problem that I had was from the radio and it Psd me off but it was an easy fix in the end although it cost me a lot of money diagnosing the problem.

Mt Servo locked up (Savox High speed High Tourque Titanium) it it would move at all when power was on (this was on my Exo buggy) as soon as power went on it would through the servo all the way forward and nothing would stop it. I went through the steps of testing it on different channels with no luck. So I pulled the servo thinking it was shot, I had been doing a lot of donuts for the kids and I though maybe it somehow the expo pushed the servo past the point of setting and I burnt the servo out, well I tear the Exo apart, put in a new Servo (had a spare) low and behold the same thing! So no I am confused.

Took it to my local HS and they looked at it and said the reciver was bad, after the installation of the new servo if plugged into the throttle plug I got power and action from the servo. So I had a 301 that was gonna be used in my JK SCX10 build and pulled the reciever put in a new reciver bound it and input my settings. But low and behold! same steering issue, no steering turns the servo to complete lock. Now im getting mad. Nothing in the Manual nothing in settings. something just isnt right. So I scrolled down to system on the Radio, and I did a reset of the radio. Last option. Rebound the Exo and Bam everything works like a champ. I was going to check updates on the Spektrum site as I am sure the firmware has been updated but didnt feel like it at the time and wasnt sure if Updates erase all settings or not.

But in the end it seems like a full reset cleared up my system, sucks since now I have to bind and reset 4 other RC's. I tried to see if there was a way I could copy my settings to an SD card and reset and then reload but according to spektrum resetting the radio and then reloading saved setting I would still have to rebind every reciever.

IF I did it again, I would probably still go with Spektrum, but I would really think about Futaba. But if I went with Specktrum again I would go with a Higher end radio. The only think I dont like about Futaba is reciver pricing and my Local HS stock Spektrum recivers as well. Nothing Futaba.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #14
RCC Addict

So I have had my DX3C for about a year now as a back up tx and to run a spare rig for a friend. i have only had to change the batteries once I think in it so it has very little use. This past weekend I grabed it and the spare rig and turn everything on and now the rig has no steering. Throttle is fine but zero steering. I switch to another receiver and still no steering. Starting to think the wheel in the tx dosen't work anymore. So I try another model and re-bind and low and behold steering works and everything is as it should be. About half hour into run lose sterring again and now I'm like WTF is up with this thing. I know its not the servo, it's not the rx so has to be the tx. Another buddy comes over and asks whats going on and I tell him and he says ya its a common problem with this model it loses the steering bind with no way to recover it. I know have a 20 car tx that will only steer 18 cars now!! Last spectrum I ever buy period!!! Next time I will grab a 3PMX or something similar!!!
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
So I have had my DX3C for about a year now as a back up tx and to run a spare rig for a friend. i have only had to change the batteries once I think in it so it has very little use. This past weekend I grabed it and the spare rig and turn everything on and now the rig has no steering. Throttle is fine but zero steering. I switch to another receiver and still no steering. Starting to think the wheel in the tx dosen't work anymore. So I try another model and re-bind and low and behold steering works and everything is as it should be. About half hour into run lose sterring again and now I'm like WTF is up with this thing. I know its not the servo, it's not the rx so has to be the tx. Another buddy comes over and asks whats going on and I tell him and he says ya its a common problem with this model it loses the steering bind with no way to recover it. I know have a 20 car tx that will only steer 18 cars now!! Last spectrum I ever buy period!!! Next time I will grab a 3PMX or something similar!!!
This sounds familiar to what happened to my transmitter. The steering was suddenly totally lost. I changed receiver and still no steering. Did a reset of everything and it worked again. Took the car out and all of a sudden the steering disappeared again.

After some more detective work I found out that the button next to my left thumb was the thief. It's just too easy to touch it accidentally while driving and it changes the steering rate. It was down to 0%.

I hope this helps other people too.
j0pp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0pp3 View Post
This sounds familiar to what happened to my transmitter. The steering was suddenly totally lost. I changed receiver and still no steering. Did a reset of everything and it worked again. Took the car out and all of a sudden the steering disappeared again.

After some more detective work I found out that the button next to my left thumb was the thief. It's just too easy to touch it accidentally while driving and it changes the steering rate. It was down to 0%.

I hope this helps other people too.
Nope not the issue in my case. i did a model reset before changing to a different model. I have seen others have the same issues so beware.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote

spektrum dx3c issues! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spektrum DX3c 3rd channel issues Jus Electronics 2 03-25-2013 10:13 AM
spektrum dx3c... need help lordjasper1988 Electronics 2 04-21-2012 06:18 PM
Spektrum dx3c EL VASCO Electronics 6 11-19-2011 10:58 AM