RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   modded flysky and 4ws/dual esc help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/448666-modded-flysky-4ws-dual-esc-help.html)

Newfie 06-10-2013 06:46 AM

modded flysky and 4ws/dual esc help

Hey everyone, I'm trying to set my crawler up with dual esc and it already had 4ws. I had the dig set up but couldn't get 4ws. Now i since reset the model and can't get the dig to work. I've been over the manual and a few how to's. Wondering if anyone had done it and can walk me though? I want digg on dual rate and 4ws on 3ch trim. I seen video's on YouTube but notsure how to do it.

I'm using a 6 ch rx, front servo ch1, front esc.ch 2, rear servo ch3 and rear esc ch 4. Whatever i did first setup i can digg set, this time i can get it but rear servo go full left or right. Second time i got crab and ability to turn against each other. So half works.

Thanks for your time in advance!

Charlie-III 06-10-2013 08:29 AM

Re: modded flysky and 4ws/dual esc help

Which firmware are you running, it makes a difference in the steps needed.

It also would be good to have posted in the "GT3B support thread" to keep it all together.

KJ10 06-10-2013 12:32 PM

I have 3 and 4 switched from your setup but, assuming you are running the newest FW:

Firmware v0.6.1
E. Point; long Enter
d; Enter
3; Enter
Back
Rev; long Enter
d; Enter
DIG; Enter
BEN; Enter
20v; long Enter (<--Adjust to your liking)
E. Point; long Enter
4; Enter
4; long Enter
Back
Rev; long Enter
3; Enter
4WS; Enter
BEN; Enter
100v; long Enter
Rev; long Enter
C; Enter
4WS; Enter
MO0,RE0,PV0,4WSv; long Enter
Back
End

Done. Front Servo in Ch1, Front ESC in Ch2, Rear ESC in Ch3, Rear servo in Ch4

Newfie 06-10-2013 01:18 PM

First off, yes I'm using 0.6.1. and i made a new thread so people could find this more easily in a general search. There is a method to my madness lol.

Thanks for that, i think i know where i was going wrong. I got my revo and flysky with me, I'll do those steps tonight and try it tomorrow when i get back home and I'll post back if it works for me :-)

Thanks a million!

Charlie-III 06-10-2013 03:24 PM

Nice post KJ10...thanks....

I will assume the "20v" ~1/3 down is the proportional step rate? If so, I use/prefer "5". Makes it more useful to me, but as you stated, "user preference".8)

KJ10 06-10-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie-III (Post 4356894)
Nice post KJ10...thanks....

I will assume the "20v" ~1/3 down is the proportional step rate? If so, I use/prefer "5". Makes it more useful to me, but as you stated, "user preference".8)

Exactly. I don't like all the button pushes to get to the other end so I run 20% steps. But like you said, "user preference."

Charlie-III 06-10-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ10 (Post 4357214)
Exactly. I don't like all the button pushes to get to the other end so I run 20% steps. But like you said, "user preference."

Hmmm....for dig I hit one button to go to 100% at one end.
Propo is just that, propo.....little changes.

KJ10 06-10-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie-III (Post 4357247)
Hmmm....for dig I hit one button to go to 100% at one end.
Propo is just that, propo.....little changes.

If I hold the button, it goes to the other end immediately but, I like the little steps, sometimes. The way I show above, it does both.

Newfie 06-12-2013 06:25 AM

All done! That worked perfect! Never even pulled any hair out. Thank you a million times for this.