Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: scx10 motor direction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default scx10 motor direction

So I just build my first SCX-10 ever and installed the electronics.

I'm using a Tekin 35t handwound, Tekin FXR, and MT4. After programming the ESC, going forward with the trigger makes the SCX-10 to go in reverse. I know this can easily be fixed with reversing the trigger on the MT4, but that then causes other problems like when going forward then braking, it goes straight into reverse, and now theres a brake for reverse (if that makes any sense)..

Just want anyones tips, should I just reverse the motor wires instead or is that bad for the Tekin 35t? I want braking to work normally, where I'm going forward and press reverse to brake, instead of going straight to reverse.
uclabruins89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
Proverbial threadkiller

Default Re: scx10 motor direction

I hear ya, I've ran an AE-1 ESC before where I couldn't really reverse the channel because of the delay. Just switch the motor wires. IF that motor has any timing in it, you might have to move it to the other side of zero. But even if you blatantly refuse to adjust the timing, it'll still work, just be faster in reverse than in forward. (If it were me, I'd try it first and see if there even is a speed difference.)
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubble View Post
I hear ya, I've ran an AE-1 ESC before where I couldn't really reverse the channel because of the delay. Just switch the motor wires. IF that motor has any timing in it, you might have to move it to the other side of zero. But even if you blatantly refuse to adjust the timing, it'll still work, just be faster in reverse than in forward. (If it were me, I'd try it first and see if there even is a speed difference.)
There is a little speed difference between forward and reverse. I am gonna try to figure out how to move the timing to the other side, not sure at all how to do that.
uclabruins89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

-Reverse the motor wires.
-Check to see if the ESC is set to "instant reverse" or "crawler reverse", that will remove the delay.
-Timng, loosen (don't remove) the 2 small screws that go through the endbell parallel to the motor shaft, they are near the edge of the endbell 180* from each other. Twist the endbell a little bit (look for the timing mark on the can and edge of endbell) and snug down the screws.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote

scx10 motor direction - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motor Direction and Timing cpercival Axial XR10 3 01-16-2012 12:54 PM
Motor direction ? madkawi650 Electronics 4 10-26-2011 09:44 PM
Motor direction Burntnuts Electronics 13 05-14-2011 06:54 PM
Motor Rotation direction WarTrader Electronics 16 09-22-2010 08:05 AM
motor direction? squish72 Newbie General 6 02-24-2008 10:44 AM