Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: I am doing this wrong

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default I am doing this wrong

I added a rear servo on my 1/16 rock crawler,and bought a y cable to run both servo's, all four wheels turn, the fronts turn and the rear turn the same direction so now it just crab walks, are the rears so-posed to turn the opposite direction so you can turn. both servo arms are facing down, is the rear so-posed face up, or do the make a y cable that reverses one servo so it turn opposite way. can some explain to me please how do I make it work, thank you

Last edited by kgb424; 01-28-2014 at 11:31 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: I am doing this wrong

If memory serves, either put the rear steer on the third channel or just flip the rear servo horn 180 deg.
envious8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

ok I get you Envious8420, look at the pics, do I have use a longer pit man arm, not sure how it will work. what would happen if you flipped over the servo, I'm going to try it and see what happens

Old 06-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

nope flipping the servo does nothing, it still crab walks, I went to hobby king they sell a reversing y cable for $1.99, it was less than $6.00 with registered international shipping. so I hope that does, if not I will have to buy a multi model three or four channel radio with steering toggle, but what kills I got 6 r/c's and the Futaba receivers are like $80.00 a piece so if they reversing cable don't work I guess I'm screwed. cause now that I flipped the rear servo over, it over extends pass the servo. the first pic is rear now, the second one is the front it don't over extend, so I'm flipping the servo back over.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:34 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Swap the positive and negative wires in the servo plug.
colebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

The reverser will do the trick, the other way is to rotate the servo horn 180 degrees so it is up in the air, but then your angles will be a lot worse. for $6 I would get the reverser you just won't be able to trim the rear servo independently like you would with a 3rd channel.
I would recommend looking into a flysky gt3b/c radio, they have mixing up to 6 channels when hacked and receivers are like $10
wheelyking4x4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colebz View Post
Swap the positive and negative wires in the servo plug.
DO NOT!!!!! You can't just swap polarity in the plug you will fry the board! Servo's don't work that way. You could open it up and swap the motor wires but it is very fiddly in smaller scale servo's
Old 06-25-2013, 02:14 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Hey Wheelyking I bought a flysky gt3b with hack from a guy on here, and I got a good deal, and I put the 11.1v lipo in it, but the problems I having with it is, when I put three r/c's in memory, model 0 sxc10, model 1 crawler wraith model 2 basher wraith, I'm having problems binding the individual receivers, and it won't change between models,and it will not reconize the r/c, I go in setting and change to other r/c's models, but still no luck and there is so many menus and sub menus,and adjustments and fine tuning,and then there is a difference between a short button push and a long button push, just having problems figuring out the radio and can't get used to it, cause I get frustrated and screw up the setting every time, then nothing works or end on some menu and have no idea what its for or does. Question if it was unhacked would be any easier to use. is there a idiot mode, or easier to use settings, cause I about to smash the radio, I have tried so many times, and I can't get it too work correctly,and I don't know any body local to me, with one of these radios to walk me through it or set it up for me and hopefully not screw it up.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:40 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

I have had the 8ch stick version for 2 years now and love it. I got myself a gt3b this year so I am not yet familiar with all the controls but I know the basics. So can you change between models in the radio? The receivers should stay bound to the TX no matter how many you have. However they aren't designated to a model so any receiver will work for any model in the memory. I was overwhelmed too when I first saw the instruction manual and how to get to all the different functions, but once i understood it i was fine. I don't think stock firmware is any better, i believe it was unstable too. If you need more help just ask I should be able to explain it for you.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

all you need is this i have used it on my txt and on my ax10 and is only 2 bucks

Turnigy Servo Signal Reverser
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
Hey Wheelyking I bought a flysky gt3b with hack from a guy on here, and I got a good deal, and I put the 11.1v lipo in it, but the problems I having with it is, when I put three r/c's in memory, model 0 sxc10, model 1 crawler wraith model 2 basher wraith, I'm having problems binding the individual receivers, and it won't change between models,and it will not reconize the r/c, I go in setting and change to other r/c's models, but still no luck and there is so many menus and sub menus,and adjustments and fine tuning,and then there is a difference between a short button push and a long button push, just having problems figuring out the radio and can't get used to it, cause I get frustrated and screw up the setting every time, then nothing works or end on some menu and have no idea what its for or does. Question if it was unhacked would be any easier to use. is there a idiot mode, or easier to use settings, cause I about to smash the radio, I have tried so many times, and I can't get it too work correctly,and I don't know any body local to me, with one of these radios to walk me through it or set it up for me and hopefully not screw it up.

Its easy to use. Just go and read the manual. This isn't really the thread for your issue on the GT 3 B. you going you going to the GT 3 B hack thread you should kno what version update what version update you have programmed into the controller. So turn it on and hold down tiell i tell it beps and then let go. Should flash between model and name and have f flashing. This will be what version you have. 6.1 is 061.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelyking4x4x4 View Post
I have had the 8ch stick version for 2 years now and love it. I got myself a gt3b this year so I am not yet familiar with all the controls but I know the basics. So can you change between models in the radio? The receivers should stay bound to the TX no matter how many you have. However they aren't designated to a model so any receiver will work for any model in the memory. I was overwhelmed too when I first saw the instruction manual and how to get to all the different functions, but once i understood it i was fine. I don't think stock firmware is any better, i believe it was unstable too. If you need more help just ask I should be able to explain it for you.
Not true. Not all receivers are pre bound. Stock firmware was large and had very little. And the setups, adjustments and expo were either backwards, wrong or just poor. Like I said read manual and screw with it when you do. You will catch on fast.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #13
Got Worms?

If you got a hacked gt3b you don't need that y-cable....

Post up in my hack thread with what you need help with and what firmware version (as JokersWild mentioned above)....there are some templates on POST #2 of that thread that may tell you how to setup 4ws for it.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I bought 5 receivers and you have to bind each one individually, and it not working for me, and if they do bind, you can scroll through the different r/c's,but then you go to a different rc, it does not work, no steering, no throttle, so then I try to bind receiver for that r/c, it won't bind, but if you go back to the previous r/c. you now have steering and throttle,So I don't get it, its a different r/c but its the first r/c put in memory on radio, is it because they all have the same esc and motors,and servo's, that way, their all parts when needed. or it is me, and I got no manual, and I read the threads on here on the flysky gt3b and there is too much information it makes my head hurt, cause i'm still hating the radio, I wanted a simple to use, and simple to trim out, multi-model 3 or 4 channel radio, and gt3b is not it for me.its not easy to use, and not easy to trim out. maybe I should sell the gt3b, and just go buy me some nice 2.4 ghz 2 channel radio and two nice three channel radios and call it good. cause every multi-model radio is going to have menu's, it just a big pain in the ass and I old school, the simpler the better.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

my gt3b has been hacked, the bearing mod was installed, and the voltage regulator mod, I'm now using 11.1 volt lipo in it, it would be a killer radio if it worked for me, but it don't, it just frustrates me, cause I can't use my r/c's, cause I can't get the radio to work for me.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:49 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Wow calm down. Quit trying to read it all so fast and just go through it. It's not hard, not complicated. You just need to know what the abbreviations are and what you are trying to make it do. Did ya even read my post and come up with what version you are running? This will help any of your questions get answered since the templates change from version 1 to version 6.

Getting all worked up isn't going to make anything better, and old skool?....... Maybe remember the sweet AM with fancy dials, metal antennas, only a few frequencies and all analog.

Myself, Austin or anyone in the gt3b thread will gladly not only walk you through the radio, but will also tell you exactly what to do to set up your radio to do whatever you want it to do. So like I said...... Tell me your version your radio has. Then We can go from there.

Also to better help me and yourself, try proof reading your posts. #14 just rambles on and gets confusing what you are talking about. It was said above " regardless of what model you are on, all recivers that are on that you are bound to will replyrom tx output". If model one is your moa and model 2 is scaler, and you have moa rx on but model on tx is set to model 2 for the scaler the moa will still function but the Epa s and settings will be out of wack due to it will be on the moa s pre sets.

Last edited by JokersWild; 06-26-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #17
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
I bought 5 receivers and you have to bind each one individually, and it not working for me, and if they do bind, you can scroll through the different r/c's,but then you go to a different rc, it does not work, no steering, no throttle, so then I try to bind receiver for that r/c, it won't bind, but if you go back to the previous r/c. you now have steering and throttle,So I don't get it, its a different r/c but its the first r/c put in memory on radio, is it because they all have the same esc and motors,and servo's, that way, their all parts when needed. or it is me, and I got no manual, and I read the threads on here on the flysky gt3b and there is too much information it makes my head hurt, cause i'm still hating the radio, I wanted a simple to use, and simple to trim out, multi-model 3 or 4 channel radio, and gt3b is not it for me.its not easy to use, and not easy to trim out. maybe I should sell the gt3b, and just go buy me some nice 2.4 ghz 2 channel radio and two nice three channel radios and call it good. cause every multi-model radio is going to have menu's, it just a big pain in the ass and I old school, the simpler the better.
This post makes my head hurt...

Each receiver only needs to be bound to the transmitter one time. When you bind them to the transmitter the receiver is "remembering" the transmitter.

ANY model on the transmitter will send a signal to ANY receiver that has been bound to the radio before. Model memory is simply a way to store settings for different rigs....a model in the radio is not specific to one receiver it will work on ALL receivers that have been bound to the radio.

The gt3b is not hard to use....the sub-menus for the more advance functionality may be a bit complicated at first. But basic functionality (trims, epa, expo, etc) is not hard at all to figure out.

Once again, if you need help with the radio post in the gt3b thread...if its not a very common question i will usually chime in fairly quickly, if it is a common question i usually hope someone else will chime in or the search button will be used
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I still have a working Futuba Magum Sport, its a 2 channel digital am radio, with 9.6 volt battery pack and charger, it came with a Rc10 goldpan early edition from like 83 or 84, the rc10 is long gone, but the radio is still going strong. just don't us it any more, and I wiil check the firm ware on my gt3b tomorrow, I loved my rc10 goldpan and the Futaba magnum was good combo back in the day. like I said before I'm old school.

Last edited by kgb424; 01-28-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Sweet. I still have my cali gold pan.

Figure out what version you are running yet?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

ok I did like Jokerswild said it flashes f 061 that is the firmware correct ??? is it old/new ????. I don't know what the difference is between the versions, maybe some one can tell me or just not worry about it, and just the radio working right. cause I'm having problems with this radio, and its not working for me.

Last edited by kgb424; 01-28-2014 at 11:32 PM.

I am doing this wrong - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What am i doing wrong losikid Tools, and Procedures 6 08-26-2011 06:58 AM
Something is wrong... kinglooie Electronics 2 04-03-2011 07:18 PM
Did I go wrong curdogexpress Electronics 2 10-28-2007 03:53 PM
Is there something wrong?? bvitale Tamiya Clod Buster 12 07-12-2007 05:33 PM
Would it be wrong? Blue70 Chit Chat 7 07-01-2007 07:23 AM