RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   !@#!#)& .... Grrrrrrr... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/451247-%40-grrrrrrr.html)

Bluebox 06-29-2013 07:48 PM

!@#!#)& .... Grrrrrrr...

:x:x:x:evil::x:x:x

Although this is not a crawler, I thought I could ask you guys. I just put a brand new X20 (stock spec) 10.5T LRP brushless motor with my Tekin RS, and after (admittedly I did rev it many times) a while, it died (or it didn't work when I plugged the battery on and plugged it in( ! :x

My battery was a little swollen before so I put it in the fridge ( I know Lipo's like cold temperatures.)

I also did accidentally plug my battery wires in backwards the other day (lots of sparks and a bad smell, but the voltage was fine) Does that have anything to do with it?

Has I burnt out, or is there some was of resuscitating it?

Any is greatly appreciated!

Lentsnh2012 06-29-2013 07:51 PM

Re: !@#!#)& .... Grrrrrrr...

If you plugged in the battery backwards, you could've shorted out the ESC as well as destroyed the LiPo. I would not run a swollen battery with that much motor on the other side.

Really, the only way you can hurt a motor is if you run it with extremely high temps for a lengthy time.

Bluebox 06-29-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lentsnh2012 (Post 4380168)
If you plugged in the battery backwards, you could've shorted out the ESC as well as destroyed the LiPo. I would not run a swollen battery with that much motor on the other side.

Really, the only way you can hurt a motor is if you run it with extremely high temps for a lengthy time.

Well, at least my motor is ok! ;-) I actually found the problem: The connector to my receiver was frayed and broken. It's a simple fix.

As for my battery, It's only swollen about 2 mm on the top and bottom.:oops: Should I get a new battery, or is there some way I can "un-swell" it?

Lentsnh2012 06-29-2013 09:13 PM

Good to hear you found the problem!

If it is only 2mm puffed, you might be fine but always keep an eye on it when charging it. If it were me, I would just get a new Lipo. I don't like knowing that I could have a fire start up while I'm running my trucks. My Losi TEN-SCTE runs on Turnigy Nano-Tech 60-130C 6000mah batteries and I only run them for about 60 cycles each then recycle them.

mjc597 06-29-2013 09:23 PM

Some people run swelled packs, but if it were me, I would stop using it. Lipos aren't super expensive...I wouldn't want to take a risk of a fire...

-sent from my smarter than me phone

Ty@Tekin 07-02-2013 11:11 AM

Even though you got lucky with plugging the battery in backwards, it can still cause internal damage and the ESC may quit working soon.