Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Odd Motor Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Odd Motor Problem

Well, I got my bully finally back together and start doing a little test run. Forward is fine. Reverse is fine. There was a delay in the front motor from when I stopped reversing and eased it forward. but not just like any delay, The motor would stop for 3 seconds like it has an intense drag brake. I shrugged it off until it did it 2 more times but after the third, the motor was locked right up. I can't even spin it with my hands. I took it apart to see if anything was in it but there was nothing so I put it back together and it spun fine. tore apart my gearcase to see if there was anything in it. Even totally degreased the gears and assembled it all again with some fresh grease. It spun just as well as when I took it apart. ONce everything is all back together, I went for another test and the same exact thing is happening. motor is locked up. I havent taken it apart and even trying to spin it with the tires, I just can't. I am clueless to what is going on here. I'm running dual mamba micros with bec smashed by chris the battery man, 45t integys that are practically brand new, futaba 6ex with with a r617fs reciever and a hitec 7950. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Super Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I had the same thing happen with my XR front axle. I can't remember exactly what the problem was.. for some reason, a broke motor winding, is popping out to me tho... I'll be back once I think more bout it.

Edit: mis read, you already tore that apart.

It will come to me once I stop thinking bout it
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Odd Motor Problem

Weird sounds like your brushes are burnt out or maybe an armature on the front motor might have bent slightly on an impact and busted a motor bearing? Might explain why you cant turn the arm by hand? Did these motors get very hot? This happened on my Wraith when I didn't realize that all the "bulletproof" upgrades you throw at a rig would weigh in so much to a point that you have to either keep adding stronger parts or reverse back to plastic or custom delrin/carbon fiber parts.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

well, when i tore it apart the first time, everything was perfectly fine. I havent torn it apart since then though. and the run was a minute maybe. they were barely warm at all
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

well, I'm pretty sure I fixed the motor. There was a little washer (the ones that come on the servo horn screws with the little teeth on it) on the front of the magnet at the bottom of the can. I't was bent and must have been between the can and the magnet where I could not see it when I took it apart the first time. Got it out and all is good except..... when I go from reverse to forward, I have to give it throttle, then go to neutral, then give it throttle again for the front motor to spin. Immediately after reverse, if I give it throttle, only the rear motor spins. then go to neutral, then the front motor spins. I'm wondering if I have a delay or something but I would think that a delay would be from forward to reverse and that it would stop, the change direction without you having to go to neutral. At least that is how all the speed controls with reverse delay that I have run have been. Again, any help? it's kind of annoying but I don't want to get used to it if I don't want to. Just a recap, I'm running dual mamba micros with integy (i think) 45 turns.

Odd Motor Problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas Xl5 odd problem? David F Electronics 4 10-17-2012 12:28 PM
odd problem CantonAreaCrawler Redcat Crawlers 15 09-21-2012 05:03 AM
Motor problem jcsaxial Electronics 4 09-12-2012 08:33 PM
Very odd Glitch problem Skullbasher Electronics 10 10-24-2009 01:08 AM
FXR shuts down everything ... odd problem axlesofevil Electronics 11 09-18-2009 07:51 AM