Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Binding question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Binding question

I have a futaba 4pl and just got a 3pl. The 3pl came with the 2004gf rx. I have read that this rx will bind up and work fine with the 4pl. Most of the time having one TX would work perfect, just run the 4pl on both vehicles. Sometimes I want to let a friend run one while I run the other, can't do that on one tx. So will it harm anything if I bind this rx back and forth between TX's as needed?

Thanks
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Binding question

On both the 4PL and 3 PL there is the model number feature. Bind you first RX and set all of the steering, throttle and other channels as Model 1. All of the settings are saved in memory as model 1

Change to model #2 then bind the second receiver and then setup all of the settings. All of these settings are saved with Model 2

When you are ready to run your rig, select the model number for that rig and you are all set to run.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

So I can bind it to both TX's? I didn't think that was possible. I know about the model number settings. The 4pl will have 2 models saved. The 3pl only needs 1.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
RCC Addict

When switch to the other transmitter you have to bind the RX with that TX.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocaged View Post
So I can bind it to both TX's?
Not at the same time, no. Once you receiver learns the ID# of the transmitter you're trying to bind, it is supposed to have forgotten about any previous transmitter ID#s.

Quote:
Most of the time having one TX would work perfect, just run the 4pl on both vehicles. Sometimes I want to let a friend run one while I run the other, can't do that on one tx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7zpj View Post
Bind you first RX and set all of the steering, throttle and other channels as Model 1. Change to model #2 then bind the second receiver and then setup all of the settings.
k7 is describing how to place multiple receivers on one transmitter, which it sounds like Exo already knows how to do.
Exocaged is asking how to have one vehicle (one receiver) which can be comandeered by two different transmitters. In which case, yes, you'd simply bind (and cal the ESC) to the 3PL when your buddy runs with you, and then just bind (and cal the ESC) again to the 4PL when you're running the 'shared' truck yourself.

Quote:
So will it harm anything if I bind this rx back and forth between TX's as needed?
Short answer, no. Telling your receiver to bind with a transmitter is just a command, aside from just general wear and tear (someone smashing the daylights out of the button), it won't really 'hurt' anything.

Now, this assumes that Exo knows that when re-binding, the ESC must be calibrated each and every time the receiver is bound. As long as you do that each time, you should be fine. If you choose not to do a calibrate, your symptoms will be identical to those who threw ESCs in and 'just expected it would work'. Possibilities include uncontrolled throttle (instant and unexpected WOT), more power in one direction or the other, low top speed in both directions, etc.... So yeah, if you don't do your calibrates, then you could get a bit of a surprise, but it shouldn't 'wreck' anything.

Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:18 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Ok that clears it all up thanks. My esc's are MMP's so calibrating is easy to do.

Binding question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Binding question Hardknocks Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 1 04-09-2010 02:36 PM
binding question sidewaystreak Venom Creeper 6 02-05-2010 09:35 PM
Spektrum Binding Question notez2beat Electronics 1 12-19-2009 11:24 PM
DX3R Binding Question FL Knifemaker Electronics 5 08-22-2008 07:05 AM
Binding question hlpressley Newbie General 8 10-09-2006 07:59 PM