Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: I need help on a mamba max pro?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default I need help on a mamba max pro?

Hello,
I have a traxxas slash 4x4 ultimate lcg but anymore I put a mamba max pro in it and got it all hook up, and calibrated but when I plugged the motor in and turned it on, the motor doesn't seem to preform like it should. I give it throttle and it starts going but a half to full throttle it seems as if I have a small brushless motor in it. I don't have the motor hocked up to the transmission it just sitting there. The motor is a 3800kv 4-pole motor. If anyone has any suggestions like do I have to fix something please help asap. Thank you - axial 4x4 crawler
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

You need to make sure the ESC is in "brushless" mode. If you don't have a Castle Link for programming, I reccomend you pick one up.
Hobine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: I need help on a mamba max pro?

I am assuming you have a brushless motor.

I would double check to see if the wires are connected correctly between the ESC and motor. A should go to A, B to B and C to C.

I would get a Castle link and set the MMP back to factory defaults and check to see it if fixes the issue.

Is your motor sensored? If so, you need to be set to smart sense and make sure you cables are setup.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: I need help on a mamba max pro?

Is the 3800kv 4pole sensored? was the MMP purchased used? we need more info...being that you're running a MMP you'd better get a CC BEC if you want to run a decent servo on that ultimate. Like everyone said get a CastleLink and find out what's going on.

Even if the MMP was purchased used it doesn't matter since you got it to calibrate and actually run the rig...sorta. Many LHS that have tracks usually has someone there changing throttle curves on practice or race days so if you don't want to buy one you can always make a new friend! Or some LHS even offer hooking up and setting up your Castle ESC for you even if you didn't purchase it there.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote

I need help on a mamba max pro? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mamba Max Pro and Mamba Max Pro Short Course? Soulo747 Electronics 5 01-31-2013 10:04 PM
Mamba Max Pro - vs - Mamba Max Pro SCT rctoyguy Electronics 1 06-08-2012 06:19 PM