RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   running sensored on mamba max pro (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/454234-running-sensored-mamba-max-pro.html)

c0bra 07-21-2013 05:14 PM

running sensored on mamba max pro

im trying to run a castle mamba max pro and a duratrax dtx 10.5t brushless motor in a tamiya f104w, i know its not a cralwer but my question relates to crawlers.

do i have to hook it up to a castle link and switch it to sensored or will it auto detect? i soldered the red wire to a, white to b and black to c. the sensor wire is already connected.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Charlie-III 07-21-2013 05:53 PM

Re: running sensored on mamba max pro

Stock, most CC ESC's come set to brushless, you should be fine.
A lot of adjustments can be done through your TX, but best is through the Castle Link.

c0bra 07-21-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie-III (Post 4407693)
Stock, most CC ESC's come set to brushless, you should be fine.
A lot of adjustments can be done through your TX, but best is through the Castle Link.

so i dont have to change any settings to run sensorless?

mjc597 07-21-2013 07:37 PM

If you have a castle link hook it up and check it. Did you buy it new or used...like stated above, you should be ok..but that depends on if you got it new...or used and depends on the previous owners settings

c0bra 07-21-2013 07:40 PM

i beleive i got the esc new, i just have always used sensorless motors.

Devil Inc 07-21-2013 07:49 PM

I think the MMP will default to sensorless if it doesn't detect a sensor. Mine came set with SmartSense as a default, I think part of that programming is when a sensor board is not detected or defective it will default to run as sensorless.

Olle P 07-22-2013 11:01 PM

Devil is correct. The default setting is SMART mode, which means the ESC senses if there's a sensor present or not. (But it fails if the ESC is hooked to a brushed motor!)
If the motor has a sensor the sensor is used by the ESC at low motor speeds, and then the ESC switch to sensorless mode at higher speeds.

c0bra 07-23-2013 10:02 AM

thanks guys. i ran it yesterday and it ran fine, however the gear mesh was way off

axial 4x4 crawler 07-23-2013 12:41 PM

The mamba max pro already has a sensored port on the esc itself. When I bought mine for short course racing I noticed it, so you should be fine just plug in your sensor wire from your motor to your mamba max pro and you should be good to go, you might have to turn it off if you have it on while plug it in because it will not sense it as long as you turn it off and so on, hope this helps, - axial 4x4 crawler