Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: what to do

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default what to do

i have a losi comp crawler with a goat 3s and ballistic 21.5t on 2s. i have not had any issues with power, but the motor makes a terrible sound when moving. i don't really know what the cause of it is, but is has always sounded like gravel in the transmission. i know the sound is coming from the motor because it still makes this sound when removed from the vehicle. i want to get rid of this sound or get rid of this combo.

i originally bought this combo, had this noise, sent it in for warranty, was sent a new one, and the same thing. i just ended up putting the thing in storage for other reasons and just recently pulled it back out to start using it again. i have read that there was a bad batch of sensor boards or something for these, is this a possibility? i know the wiring is correct, and i do not suspect the sensor wire. what about timing? i have never touched it but could it be set wrong from the factory? i am assuming that they do not all sound this way right?

what are my good options for a new combo? i want to step up to 3s or 4s sometime soon as well. i dont like the diesel sound.
Donahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: what to do

What else is there to expect from Novak other than random fire and smoke?
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

If you want to go up to 3s-4s I would look into a mmp setup..can run brushed or brushless..sensored and un sensored motors...and handle up to 6s lipo...they can be found in the classifieds relatively cheap for nice ones..I've ran castle stuff in my racing trucks and crawlers and haven't had any issues with them..other than my own failed attempts at waterproofing. But if you want/need the mmp waterproofed holmes hobbies will do it for you...
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I agree, it's hard to beat a MMP for the reasons mjc597 listed and it has so many features in the programming so you can really tweak it to your liking with the CastleLink (which you can program your CCbec also). I run one in my Wraith with a Pro4 and love it. And I'm with nigels world, never had good luck with anything Novak.
KRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

ok, so mmp is the recommendation? what brushless motor?
Old 07-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

not sure for your application..alot of people with scalers and wraiths were using it with a 13.5t motor..but since the new roc line of motors from tekin came out it's proving to be what most people want..i'm running a 13.5t trinity d3 in my scx10..you may want to check out the losi comp crawler section for ideas on a brushless motor to throw in it..they could give you a better idea what would work for you...
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I just use this for bashing at the moment. the losi section is kinda slow these days.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

any chance the ballistic has a bad sensor board that can be changed? where would i get such an item?