Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Fxr fried?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #1

Default Fxr fried?

First off I'm fairly new to the hobby and don't know much about how all the electronics work. So the neighbor kid ran into my scx10 running a 3s lipo with his slash and when he did the capacitor on my tekin fxr came loose. When he did the truck stopped working. Is this because the cap came off? I tried to solder it back on but couldn't get the solder to stick. When testing my soldering job I couldn't get any response from the fxr. Even when I held the leads of the cap to the battery posts. When the cap came off could it have fried either the cap or the fxr itself? All I get from the fxr now is one really faint led.
y2ktj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Fxr fried?

sounds like it may have shorted. is the battery fully charged? sometimes when components come loose they can touch other terminals/ connections and short out.

hth

e
envious8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Yes, try a fully charged battery and check the other solder terminals.
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I agree. Sounds like a low voltage issue. But sadly, if you rule that out, my next conclusion is that impact may have caused a short & fried your esc. I've noticed tekins don't like gettin monkeyed with much. On the other hand, I've used my oldass v1 sidewinder to bludgeon wayward bears, with nary an issue. I don't recommend that tho. Go with a heavier esc for bears, like a goat with the fan on top. the bears might run from the burnt smell coming outta the goat before you even get close enough to make contact. Think all goats come fried, new from novak.
jado6006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Talking Re: Fxr fried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jado6006 View Post
I agree. Sounds like a low voltage issue. But sadly, if you rule that out, my next conclusion is that impact may have caused a short & fried your esc. I've noticed tekins don't like gettin monkeyed with much. On the other hand, I've used my oldass v1 sidewinder to bludgeon wayward bears, with nary an issue. I don't recommend that tho. Go with a heavier esc for bears, like a goat with the fan on top. the bears might run from the burnt smell coming outta the goat before you even get close enough to make contact. Think all goats come fried, new from novak.
OMG! Now that my friends is one funny paragraph! .

Last edited by crazy nick; 10-11-2013 at 08:25 PM.
crazy nick is offline   Reply With Quote

Fxr fried? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what the fu$* just fried new fxr zdaddy Electronics 12 04-02-2010 09:27 PM
Tekin FXR and FXR-pro ESCs in stock JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 35 09-17-2009 09:40 PM
fried rx=fried crystal too? pantablo Electronics 0 07-16-2008 02:46 PM
1 Fried ESC + 1 Fried ESC = BRAND NEW ESC nd4spdbh Electronics 6 04-06-2006 02:25 PM