Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: BEC into Batt/Bind Plug on 4ch SR410 w/LEDS on TF2?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 06:15 AM   #1

Default BEC into Batt/Bind Plug on 4ch SR410 w/LEDS on TF2?

I read through the BEC sticky but I could not find an answer. I'm just finished with my Trail Finder 2 build using a Spektrum 4CH with an SR410 receiver. (Awesome Radio BTW) MY SR410 receiver can handle up to 9.6 volts and I was wondering if I could power the entire radio with a single castle BEC. I'm running Hitec HS-5645MG servos for both steering and Hi/Lo Shifting servo. I also plan on running a winch. (not yet mounted due to BEC issue)

My question is can I run the BEC into my batt port on my receiver with a Y cord for the LEDs? I did some research and was able to find this. (Scroll down a bit) My only concern is overpowering the LEDs and "popping" them. Should I only be concerned with running the BEC for the steering servo? I'm running either 25/40C 2S Lipo and my controller LCD screen claims I'm getting 5.1V currently.

I'm Just trying to figure out how this BEC should get set up since this is my first BEC install. (I also have a mostly stock Wraith about to install WP-BRXL and 13T motor in that) It seems like being able to utilize the BEC in the batt port on my receiver since it's built for the extra voltage would be nice but I'm concerned with my LED's. I have both the Castle BEC and Link. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Last edited by Reqlis; 08-16-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Reqlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #2

Default Re: BEC into Batt/Bind Plug on 4ch SR410 w/LEDS on TF2?

I also wanted to mention this rig will be used mostly for Trail Crawling with my Brother. There is a crawling club 40min away from me that rarely meets and they just kinda dick around. Anyways any help is appreciated.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

bind port works. I wouldnt run the bec at a voltage higher than what your servo is rated for. Is the 5.1v the radio battery level or receiver voltage? if thats rx voltage you are under powering the servo. as for the Y cable, what are the leds rated for voltage wise? I would use the servos max safe voltage and the leds max safe voltage to determine max bec output. you can hook the castle bec up to a castle link to set the output voltage.

lmk If this answers your questions. Its still early and i may have misunderstood what you are asking.
hth

e
envious8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by envious8420 View Post
bind port works. I wouldnt run the bec at a voltage higher than what your servo is rated for. Is the 5.1v the radio battery level or receiver voltage? if thats rx voltage you are under powering the servo. as for the Y cable, what are the leds rated for voltage wise? I would use the servos max safe voltage and the leds max safe voltage to determine max bec output. you can hook the castle bec up to a castle link to set the output voltage.

lmk If this answers your questions. Its still early and i may have misunderstood what you are asking.
hth

e
I'm trying to find out if I can use single BEC to hook up to the RX. Yes 5.1V is what the RX is reading. My 4CH RX can handle up to 9.6V. I can easily find out what my servos take but I can't find max voltage levels for the Mojave Body Trail Finder 2 LED Lights kit. I guess I could just run a second BEC if needed for the winch but would like to use just this one to bring voltage up in the RX and power up the both the 2 servos and winch at once. The shifting servo seems to be running fine since it doesn't have to tough of a job.

Yes my Y cable is rated for the extra voltage. I made sure of that.

Would that be too much for a single CC BEC to handle? Thanks.

Last edited by Reqlis; 08-16-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

yeah, it will handle that load well. after all that is what it is designed to do. you will need to get the castle link to set the output voltage on the bec. 6v is the usual for a setup like that. I did some searching and all I could find was the leds are designed to run off of rx voltage, since most esc put at least 6v to the rx, I would think they are rated for at least 6v and some cases all the way to 12v. I would email/call rc4wd to get a more specific answer.
envious8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by envious8420 View Post
yeah, it will handle that load well. after all that is what it is designed to do. you will need to get the castle link to set the output voltage on the bec. 6v is the usual for a setup like that. I did some searching and all I could find was the leds are designed to run off of rx voltage, since most esc put at least 6v to the rx, I would think they are rated for at least 6v and some cases all the way to 12v. I would email/call rc4wd to get a more specific answer.
Thanks for the answer. I have the link and will set it up at 6V. I'm sure the LEDs won't have an issue with an extra. 0.9 volts. Now I can power up both of my servos and my winch with one BEC. Perfect!

BEC into Batt/Bind Plug on 4ch SR410 w/LEDS on TF2? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can i plug receiver batt when usually not with EP rc? JonehRC Newbie General 3 03-09-2010 03:52 AM
Whats up with the lack of a bind plug droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 32 01-04-2010 11:52 AM
How to make a bind plug! TattooKenny Tools, and Procedures 11 05-28-2009 02:33 PM
bind plug info the DMG Electronics 1 01-22-2009 07:58 AM
RX bind plug dhoffroad Electronics 2 12-04-2007 11:55 PM