Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Noob needs some troubleshooting help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #1

Default Noob needs some troubleshooting help

I have been building a maxx crawler for awhile now and have it complete but the wiring is where I can't seem to get things right. I have a Rooster with two hitec 5998 servos and the modded tq3 that I bought from the crawler store a long time ago. I have added the receiver pack and disconnected the red wire to the esc, and added servo wire extenders with filters but i am still getting alot of glitching and one of the servos wants to make alot of noise and twitch when I turn it on. I have gone through alot of threads over the last two years and understand most of the wiring(although there is more smoke coming out my ears than the last set of servos i burned up) but now I thought I had it right and I still don't.

I am planning on changing out to a lathe motor and rewiring if I can figure out where things need to go. If someone can follow through with me to find the problem I will describe how i have it wired.

The main pack is hooked directly to the esc(rooster) and connected to the receiver less the red wire. Motor is wired to ESC as normal. the front servo is connected through a filtered servo wire extension and the rear is attachced to the receiver in the same manner. The receiver pack is connected to the BEC port on the receiver(no switch installed) The tq3 was purchased modified and seems to work ok. I have not spliced wires as i want to keep the wiring as clean as possible.

I am sure the answer is something completely simple but I can't seem to get it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
GOBIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2006, 07:32 AM   #2

Default still searching

I am running a 6 volt receiver pack, would it help by reducing the voltage?
GOBIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Sounds fine but there are a few things to check.

1. Is the receiver far enough away from the esc?

2. Is the antenna routed correctly? no overlaps, touching metal...

3. Did you think you need capacitors?

4. Did you try a different crystal set, servo, receiver?

These are some of the things I've tried and I still have a glitch going into reverse, so I'm not there yet either.:-(
teamtom is offline   Reply With Quote