Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Brushed SV3 won't run

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Brushed SV3 won't run

Hey y'all. I hate posting in here but I need some help, maybe I've overlooked something.

I have a castle sv3 running a Tamiya 23T brushed motor in my twin hammers. Everything ran great this weekend with no problems, however when I threw a batt in it today I had some trouble. I couldn't get it to drive at first and I never heard the beeps when I turned the SV3 on however I did see the LED's. Since this is the first brushed motor I ran in 5 years I went through all the basics making sure everything was plugged up. I then pulled on the brushes a little and let them snap back to the commutator. This worked for about 20 minutes or so until I had to run in to the house for a sec. When I came back out I had the exact same symptom, the truck wouldn't move any where.

I pulled on the brushes again and heard them snap against the comm, I don't want to lube them and attract dust but before I spend 30 minutes pulling this motor out to check it more I want to confirm that I'm on the right path with this.

TL DR

Castle SV3 with 23t brushed
Stopped working, found a stuck brush
Stopped working again, don't think brushes are stuck
DrewHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Brushed SV3 won't run

Sounds like the brushes are worn or the springs are hung and not pushing on the brushes. Or you could have a burnt spot on the comm.
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Brushed SV3 won't run - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Castle sv3 motor limit? For brushed Bogncrawl Electronics 2 07-19-2013 07:56 PM
can i run a brushed motor with a brushless ESC!! jon1197 Newbie General 5 01-31-2010 09:00 AM
Thoughts on what Brushed ESC to run Rock Hound Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 12-22-2008 09:42 PM
anyone run a mamba maxx with a brushed motor rockwerks Electronics 5 09-07-2006 08:31 PM