Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Strange 4ws glitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Strange 4ws glitch

I just finished building up an old copperhead chassis that was laying around and i'm dealing with a strange glitch issue with the rear servo. When running the config in front servo only, the rear servo will randomly walk around slowly usually crab-ing the same direction as the front. It happens worse when driving at full throttle across the driveway or on a flat surface. Again, it's random and doesn't always happen.

Here's the setup:

HH BRXL w/ power pin pulled to the rx.
2 Hi Tec 645mg servo's on each axle
CC-BEC set at 6v
FlySky GT3c with the LosiKid hack

It was doing the same thing before I added the BEC tonight, which I was sure it would fix it and I was wrong. I've also got the almost exact setup on 4 other rigs in the stable and they all work mint. I'm confused; it's almost like the rx is bleeding through some of the signals between 1 and 3 channels.. I'm confused; any ideas?

This is the rig since everyone like pics.

bbaxter51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Strange 4ws glitch

Sounds like you have a mix set up somewhere in there. Try resetting the model or set up on a different model #.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Sounds like you have a mix set up somewhere in there. Try resetting the model or set up on a different model #.

I'll try setting up a different model #. Since it's so random, I can't imagine i has to do with a dual rate setup though; can't hurt to try.

The only other wild card is this crawler uses tiny batteries; 2s 800mah. I can't imagine that would have anything to do with it, but who knows.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I made a video showing what's going on. this was after moving to "model 3" and re-mapping all the 4ws stuff. I also put in a 2s 5000mah battery. Same glitching happening. Frustrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Jv8GvXC-Y
Old 08-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I'm thinking something is checked wrong on your 4ws. There are several ways to set that up. How do you have yours?

Also your video don't show me much since I cannot see both axles to judge but it seems like you have 6 volts feeding the rx and it may not be enough to power rx, and two servos. May be rx Browning out and glitching odd ways due to one servo pulling too much? Hard to tell from here.

Last edited by JokersWild; 08-26-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
I'm thinking something is checked wrong on your 4ws. There are several ways to set that up. How do you have yours?

Also your video don't show me much since I cannot see both axles to judge but it seems like you have 6 volts feeding the rx and it may not be enough to power rx, and two servos. May be rx Browning out and glitching odd ways due to one servo pulling too much? Hard to tell from here.

I'm basically just working the front back and forth while about 1/4 throttle. It's hard to drive and hold the camera steady since it's just glitching around a little bit.

The controller flaked out with the power button like the early ones did, so I added a toggle switch at the same time and the config was screwed afterwards for some reason, so I started with this and it worked, the first try. If I could load the controller back to a fresh config and start over, I'm open to that as well as any issues you see with this config for the 4ws. I really like the switch control for the front/both/rear on the ch3 trim button and the crab/regular steering on whatever that button is under that; I can hit it quick with my middle finger.

I've got a GT3B setup on my other rigs with 4WS and they all worked perfect with the 6v on the bec and the 645mg's f/r. I've since switched to the BEC Pro and 7980/7050 on those rigs though.

E.Point-long hold button
CH4-3-0%-CR0-long hold
REV-long hold
3-4WS-BNL-100v-RE0-OR0-long hold
c-4WS-MO0-RE0-PV0-OFFv-long hold
Old 08-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
RCC Addict

A guy that I crawl with had this same issue with his not long ago right after putting a new servo on it. The more he got in the throttle the worse it got and in reverse it would just turn all the way one direction. We put another servo in it and it worked perfect. Not sure thats your issue but that would be a start point. Unplug one servo at a time and see if it goes away then go from there. Also what c battery are you using? I had another friend that was getting some strange stuff going on with his and we put my 40c in his and it worked great but with his battery it went crazy again not sure what c rating his was since the sticker was gone but he said 20c.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaxter51 View Post
I'm basically just working the front back and forth while about 1/4 throttle. It's hard to drive and hold the camera steady since it's just glitching around a little bit.

The controller flaked out with the power button like the early ones did, so I added a toggle switch at the same time and the config was screwed afterwards for some reason, so I started with this and it worked, the first try. If I could load the controller back to a fresh config and start over, I'm open to that as well as any issues you see with this config for the 4ws. I really like the switch control for the front/both/rear on the ch3 trim button and the crab/regular steering on whatever that button is under that; I can hit it quick with my middle finger.

I've got a GT3B setup on my other rigs with 4WS and they all worked perfect with the 6v on the bec and the 645mg's f/r. I've since switched to the BEC Pro and 7980/7050 on those rigs though.

E.Point-long hold button
CH4-3-0%-CR0-long hold
REV-long hold
3-4WS-BNL-100v-RE0-OR0-long hold
c-4WS-MO0-RE0-PV0-OFFv-long hold
Ok first what version are you using? I used to have mine set up that way, but now I use my rear steer independently. On v4.1 mine was set up like this.....

Hh brxl
3s
2 cc 10 amp becs set to 7.4 volt
2 7954s

sub menu EPOINT (4) to channel 4, 0%, NOC sub menu rev 3 4WS, NOL, 100%, NOR, NOO sub menu rev C 4WS, SWI, NOR, NPV, OFF

Steering Front is plugged into Channel 1 Steering Rear is Plugged into Channel 4

This on 8ch rx.

Strange 4ws glitch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strange glitch egdinger Electronics 2 08-01-2005 05:31 PM
strange glitch Reflection Electronics 9 06-09-2005 07:47 PM