Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: MMP problem. Help a feller out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #1

Default MMP problem. Help a feller out

I have a MMP in my Twin Hammers. HH 13t motor that was listed "for" the TH. It ran amazingly until today. I turned it on, MMP armed, put it down, did a couple donuts on the pavement, then it stopped. Brought it home thinking my lipo was done even though I had just charged it. Now the MMP won't give the tones. I have steering no throttle. motor is 2 weeks old, one of which was sitting idle waiting on parts I broke. When the radio is at neutral I have the yellow light, green on throttle and red on reverse, but its like the motor isn't connected.

Here is what I have done so far. I checked the solder points, all looks well. I plugged and unplugged ESC into receiver. I checked the throttle trim. I tried several fully charged batteries. I checked the setup with my field card and it is set on brushed reversing. it is also set on auto lipo cutoff.

MMP has been in several vehicles, never had an issue. It ran for 5 seconds today before it shutoff, so it wasn't a heat issue. Also, worth noting, the fan runs when it isn't plugged into the receiver, but shuts off when plugged in.

Any ideas aside from trying a different motor, I don't have any lol.
jdcs3116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: MMP problem. Help a feller out

Brushes are in good shape and making solid contact with the commutator? The motor makes the chimes, not the esc so if there is a hung brush you won't hear any chimes.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Yup, pull the braid on the brush back just a little bit and release it....let it snap back against the comm...insures good contact.

But first insure you have a good brush and it's not broken or split...

If that doesn't work, try a re-bind
Postclanker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #4

Learn something new every day. The motor makes the chimes? I would have lost money on that one haha.

The motor came from Holmes Hobbies so I discounted any issues with it but I will check it and make sure.

I am leaning towards the ESC. I hooked up a brushless motor and I got the chimes but it doesn't work correctly either. I changed the setting on the ESC to brushless. I even changed receivers and it is exactly the same across the board.

I will run and check the brushes and hopefully be doing donuts rather than eating them.

Thanks
jdcs3116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

my MMP did a very similar thing to me in my twin hammers im running the tekin roc but did the same symptoms as you are speaking. it ended up being the esc shipped it back to castle and they sent me a new one
Pegasix is offline   Reply With Quote

MMP problem. Help a feller out - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MMP & Tekin Redline Problem - Please Help gamedad Axial Wraith 12 03-17-2014 04:41 PM