RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   what is the best esc?? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/461148-what-best-esc.html)

gsrcivic 09-09-2013 12:04 PM

what is the best esc??

I'm building a ifs wrexo the stock wraith 20t ain't cutting it so I'm looking to upgrade...so my ? Is if I go with a brushed motor what is the best esc? And if I go pro4, roc412, or some other sensored brushless what esc? I figure if I go brushless I can get a combo and always upgrade the motor to a better sensored one if its sensorlsss right?

k7zpj 09-09-2013 12:13 PM

Re: what is the best esc??

You are probably going to get a lot of different opinions on this.
Here is my 2 cents:

For a brushed motor --> waterproofed HH BR-XL

For Sensored Brushless --> Tekin RX8 or CC Mamba Max Pro (MMP)

You will want to start out with a sensored motor. Buying a sensorless motor then changing to sensored is throwing your money away.

Exocaged 09-09-2013 12:34 PM

Mamba Max Pro.

Edit: I run the 3100kv ROC 412, like Grizzly4x4 said in the post below this, they are strong and can break many things. But I love the motor. I run 3S and 4S on it.

Grizzly4x4 09-09-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k7zpj (Post 4471515)
You are probably going to get a lot if different opinions on this.
Here is my 2 cents:

For a brushed motor --> waterproofed HH BR-XL

For Sensored Brushless --> Tekin RX8 or CC Mamba Max Pro (MMP)

You will want to start out with a sensored motor. Buying a sensorless motor then changing to sensored is throwing your money away.

I second this. ^
I've not used the RX8 though, only the MMP for sensored brushless.

If you are looking for insane parts busting power and speed then a Pro4 or ROC412 on 3S is a good choice. Too much power for a rig that you want to be reliable imo, but damn fun to drive until the pinion bearing lets go.

A sensored 2 pole would be a good choice for fun power and speed without as much parts breakage. I'd look at a Holmes Trailmaster or Tekin Redline.

JokersWild 09-09-2013 09:20 PM

X2

Brushed br-xl

Brushless Mmp........ And you can run brushed.....

07taco 09-09-2013 09:33 PM

Brushed = takin for
Brushless = mmp

mammoth 09-10-2013 09:33 AM

Brushed BRXL
Brushless Tekin RX8 is the top dog Mamba Max Pro on a budget but will do the job!!!

chris_snchez 09-11-2013 05:12 PM

As many have said

Brushed : Brxl

Brushless: MMP but if you can afford it Tekin RX8 I have both and the tekin is my favorite of the two.

Another option for brushless would be the Tekin Rs Pro it is great if you are trying to save space and if your rig will be very compact.