Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Axial ae-2 flashing green

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Axial ae-2 flashing green

When I turn it on it flashes green, red twice then immediatly flashes a rapid green only. Tried adjusting the trim with no luck. I get no sound either.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
motojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial ae-2 flashing green

Based on this... Castle Creations | FAQ: 1/10th Scale Products
Make sure:

Rig pack is fully charged
ESC to RX plug is in correctly (black ESC to RX wire) it towards the edge of the RX
Recalibrate....throttle EPA's to 100% and all throttle trims to 0 (including subtrims).

PS, "sound" is from the motor, if it's not connected or a brush is hung you won't hear anything.

[edit....how the frig did I get the Hyundai fuse chart as my link instead of the CC FAQ???..... must have been confusing to everyone here.]

Last edited by Charlie-III; 09-29-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

It is out of my sons wraith all axial products receiver servo and controller. Worked fine for 3 months then today it ran for about ten minutes then it stopped. Brown ESC and servo wires are to the outside of the antenna wire per axial setup video. Not sure what to do next?
Old 09-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojeep View Post
It is out of my sons wraith all axial products receiver servo and controller. Worked fine for 3 months then today it ran for about ten minutes then it stopped. Brown ESC and servo wires are to the outside of the antenna wire per axial setup video. Not sure what to do next?
Fine....but.....did you try anything else I listed??? You "checked off" one of three items....
Old 09-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:

Flashing Green OR Red
= Speed control has not been calibrated and is not armed; or throttle sub-trim is not at 0.

As Charlie-III suggested above, you need to check that trim is set to 0 and the EPAs set to 100 (If your radio has EPAs) and then if needed, recalibrate the ESC.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

No throttle epa on stock just trim. Adjusted that to neutral and even tried moving it back and forth. Switched motor out with another and still just rapidly flashing green

Old 09-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
No throttle epa on stock just trim. Adjusted that to neutral and even tried moving it back and forth. Switched motor out with another and still just rapidly flashing green

You need to calibrate the ESC. Here is the link to the instructions on how to do it:
http://docs.axialracing.com/instruct..._and_Specs.pdf

Follow the setup section exactly.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I have done those instructions at least 20 times today the trim is just a dial on the stock remote so I have to adjust very carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Just can't get past the rapid flashing green. Held throttle full on and still nothing

Old 09-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just can't get past the rapid flashing green. Held throttle full on and still nothing

What happens if you try "full reverse" instead as the first step of recalibrating??
Old 09-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:

The forward / reverse switch for the throttle on the AX3 transmitter is on the upper right under the cover. Try changing the position of the switch and see if it makes the ESC work. On my radio the th switch is set to N.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Full reverse didn't work either or changing the direction of the throttle, that only works when the plug is in backwards.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Full reverse didn't work either or changing the direction of the throttle, that only works when the plug is in backwards.
What plug?? The ESC to RX plug only goes one way to work correctly, black (or dark) wire towards the edge of the RX.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Here is a pic of the receiver brown to the outside, sorry not working but I've flipped the throttle setting to r then back to n and I've tried full throttle in reverse and forward. I've gone so far as to change over to my dx3r and 3100 receiver and the esc still flashes green And red twice and then flashing green really fast. I switches to the dx3 to make sure the. Trim was set at zero

Old 09-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Here is a pic of the receiver brown to the outside, sorry not working but I've flipped the throttle setting to r then back to n and I've tried full throttle in reverse and forward. I've gone so far as to change over to my dx3r and 3100 receiver and the esc still flashes green And red twice and then flashing green really fast. I switches to the dx3 to make sure the. Trim was set at zero

Sorta sounds like you have a FUBAR ESC.....
Old 09-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

that's what im starting to think. with nothing hooked up just esc and battery it does the same thing. been searching all over the rc sites and nobody has an answer yet. Calling axial tomorrow
Old 09-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

The LED's can have different meanings depending on what you are doing. Hopefully this makes some sense, if you have any questions, just post a reply and I'll do what I can to help clear things up. This applies only to car controllers (Mamba Monster, Mamba Max, Sidewinder Micro, Mamba Micro Pro, Mamba 25)
they also apply to the sidewinder 1 2 and 3 including the ae2 axial
If you are not calibrating and have no throttle input then:

Flashing Red and Yellow = over temp
Flashing Green and Yellow = low voltage cut-off(battery)
Flashing Green OR Red = Speed control has not been calibrated and is not armed; or throttle sub-trim is not at 0.
Solid Green OR Red = should not happen when at neutral, indicates full throttle/reverse
Flashing Yellow = possible problem with controller
Solid Yellow = indicates neutral and armed
Flashing all colors = speed control is not receiving a valid signal from the receiver, usually indicates the receiver wire is plugged in backwards into the receiver; possible problem with controller or with throttle channel on receiver.

If you are applying throttle or reverse when NOT calibrating:

Flashing Red and Yellow = over temp
Flashing Green and Yellow = low voltage cut-off(battery)
Flashing Green OR Red = indicates partial throttle (green) or reverse (red)
Solid Green OR Red = indicates full throttle (green) or reverse (red)
Flashing Yellow = possible problem with control
Solid Yellow = should never happen
Flashing all colors = speed control is not receiving a valid signal from the receiver, usually indicates the receiver wire is plugged in backwards into the receiver; possible problem with controller or with throttle channel on receiver.

If you are applying throttle or reverse WHEN calibrating:

Flashing Red and Yellow = should not happen when calibrating
Flashing Green and Yellow = should not happen when calibrating
Flashing Green OR Red while beeping = indicates speed control is looking for full throttle (green) or full throttle (red). If it continues for more than ~ 8 seconds, indicates speed control is seeing partial throttle (green) or reverse (red), increase endpoints on transmitter so speed control sees full throttle/reverse.
Solid Green OR Red = indicates full throttle (green) or reverse (red) has been read
Flashing Yellow = speed control is not seeing a valid neutral signal, check your transmitters throttle sub-trim is at zero, exponential is set to 0 or linear, and mixing is disabled.
Solid Yellow = indicates neutral has calibrated and is armed
Flashing all colors = speed control is not receiving a valid signal from the receiver. Usually indicates the receiver wire is plugged in backwards into the receiver; also happens when speed control has accepted a calibration setting (throttle, reverse or neutral) and flashes/chimes 4 times before moving to next calibration point; or problem with throttle channel on receiver.

Last edited by envious8420; 09-29-2013 at 07:30 PM.
envious8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by envious8420 View Post
The LED's can have different meanings depending on what you are doing. Hopefully this makes some sense, if you have any questions, just post a reply and I'll do what I can to help clear things up. This applies only to our car controllers (Mamba Monster, Mamba Max, Sidewinder Micro, Mamba Micro Pro, Mamba 25)

Post #2 has the link to the CC FAQ document.

Thanks for posting here though.

Based on description of what the OP is seeing, nothing really matches the troubleshooting info, thus my comment that the ESC may be FUBAR.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

i didnt even see the link. lol just copied and pasted from the last time i saw this info and saved it to a txt file.
envious8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

great info on the colors, just wish it would apply to my situation.

Axial ae-2 flashing green - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
novak eiger pro green led flashing in reverse No Reverse sometimes burmis Electronics 2 05-22-2013 09:04 PM
What color does axial use for green. bluezephyr Paint and Body 6 03-17-2011 08:22 PM
Green to Red LED flashing!! What? kerrywittig Electronics 6 09-01-2008 01:53 AM