Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Total NOOB help needed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #1

Default Total NOOB help needed.

I just got a TH yesterday. Sept. 30, 2013. I know NOTHING about electric RC anything. I have 5 nitro trucks, all t-maxx. Anyway, I have this TH that I picked up on eBay with 2 2s batteries, and a charger. I tried charging the batteries last night, I have 1 green light, then the other 2 never stop blicking. So after about 6 hours, I switched batteries to the other one, and it charged all day. When I got home the lights were all red, and when I put it in the truck, it acts like it wants to work for about 2 seconds, then doesn't do anything.

Are they junk? Do I need to replace them? They are Dynamite Speedpack 2000mah 7.4v 30c LiPo Gold Series.

The charger is a Dynamite 10w Li-Po AC Balance Charger it will charge 2 and 3s batteries, it says.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/thoughts.

Also, can I run 2 batteries parallel with an adapter without hurting anything?

Matt
dozerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #2

Default Re: Total NOOB help needed.

Doesn't answer your question directly but I found this link VERY helpful and informative when I got into electric RCs and LIPO batteries

Understanding RC LiPo Batteries

Good luck.
Crawl in Az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl in Az View Post
Doesn't answer your question directly but I found this link VERY helpful and informative when I got into electric RCs and LIPO batteries

Understanding RC LiPo Batteries

Good luck.
Thank you. I will read it right now. Very much appreciated.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If you have a manual for the charger, what does it say in troubleshooting?

If you don't have a manual, we can dig one up online.

Edit: Here you go, TH manual..... Dynamite 10w Li-Po AC Balance Charger based on this, you have bad cells/packs. Read page 8.

You may also want to upgrade the charger, I don't like the fact you can't really change anything on the Dynamite. But, if it works short term, go with it.

Last edited by Charlie-III; 10-02-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Added link to manual.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I would like to say the first thing to do is get a new charger. The ones that come with the TH are a big POS and have issues (i know someone who had one almost go up in flames). Second (not being rude) BUT NEVER LEAVE A LIPO CHARGING AND LEAVE THE HOUSE!!!! You could have lost everything if it had gone up in flames!!! Please don't do that again. I never leave my lipo's charging for more then a couple mins at a time. Like a bathroom break and thats it.

Now for the batteries it does sound as if they may be toast but get a real charger or a voltage checker and make sure no cells are lower then 3 volts. If they are around there even just below the 3 mark they may be able to be saved.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
I would like to say the first thing to do is get a new charger. The ones that come with the TH are a big POS and have issues (i know someone who had one almost go up in flames). Second (not being rude) BUT NEVER LEAVE A LIPO CHARGING AND LEAVE THE HOUSE!!!! You could have lost everything if it had gone up in flames!!! Please don't do that again. I never leave my lipo's charging for more then a couple mins at a time. Like a bathroom break and thats it.

Now for the batteries it does sound as if they may be toast but get a real charger or a voltage checker and make sure no cells are lower then 3 volts. If they are around there even just below the 3 mark they may be able to be saved.

Yeah, I have been there before with losing EVERYTHING in a house fire 17 years ago, don't ever care to do that again. Lesson learned.

Thanks again to all of you. I have a new battery coming, and a new charger on it's way.

Total NOOB help needed. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Total NOOB question. dozerboy Vaterra Twin Hammers 15 10-02-2013 06:59 AM
complete and total noob :( tbird2000 Newbie General 4 09-01-2013 03:24 AM
Total noob Jeepnick Axial AX-10 Scorpion 13 12-05-2011 05:23 AM
Total Noob Charging ???? TIMZKRAWLER Electronics 7 08-08-2008 07:57 PM
total rc crawler noob thing Newbie General 2 06-21-2007 04:46 PM