RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   are bullet connectors effecient at all? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/46590-bullet-connectors-effecient-all.html)

S-Dog 10-16-2006 01:09 PM

are bullet connectors effecient at all?

I am looking to connect 2 extra batteries inline onto a stick pack and am trying to figure out the best connector to use... I want to be able to remove the 2 extra cells when I am using a different vehicle .. So I need a non-permanent connector... Is there a single connector version of a deans maybe?

Any help would be great.

Thank You,

Scott

ClodMaxx 10-16-2006 02:04 PM

powerpole connectors have a slight amount of more resistance than deans (definitely not enough to notice, and a lot, lot less than tamiya-style and bullet-style connectors) and require no soldering. i use deans, but i know a lot of guys prefer powerpoles.

Jeckler 10-16-2006 02:23 PM

I use PowerPoles. You can use 1 connector, or 100 in a group. Soldering the contact is not necessary, like ClodMaxx says, but you need the correct crimp tool if you go that route. A pair of pliers won't work.

S-Dog 10-16-2006 02:30 PM

interesting... I think that might be the way to go.... For my crawlers I can use anything(not much power pull).. but I have a basher that runs a BL setup and it can only use 6cells.. so the resistance needs to be kept to a minimum.(my basher likes melting tamiya plugs)

JohnRobHolmes 10-16-2006 02:33 PM

Just make a harness to add the batteries onto the end of the pack.

I dont recommend this though, you will probably vent a battery as they wont all have the same charge. You are safest to make a whole new pack with a few extra cells.

S-Dog 10-16-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnrobholmes
Just make a harness to add the batteries onto the end of the pack.

thats kinda what I am doing(I think) but I will be able to remove and charge the 2 cells seperately if I want....

I dont want to spend another 80 bucks on batteries for my new super... But I need the extra boost that 8 cells will give me...

Im running a single 55t lathe on a xxt tranny with moab/xtm combo with stainless monster(heavy) rock rings...6 cells aint doing the job and my revolver is staying in my tlt....

JohnRobHolmes 10-16-2006 02:47 PM

80 bux for batteries? I got some new IB 3600's I would sell ya for $4.50 each!

ClodMaxx 10-16-2006 02:56 PM

$80 is a lot... i'm having SPC custom build me a matched 8 cell IB4200shv pack for $66.60.

S-Dog 10-16-2006 06:06 PM

no....at least 80 bucks for the 3 packs I would need to buy to keep my rig running all day...1 8 cell pack aint gonna cut it....

anyways....the powerpole connector is what I was looking for.

thank you

Mad Scientist 10-16-2006 09:24 PM

Are you going to charge it with the "booster" cells attached, or seperately and then connect them together?

S-Dog 10-16-2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
Are you going to charge it with the "booster" cells attached, or seperately and then connect them together?

im not sure.... I built custom packs for my tlt that have 4 subC cells in front and 2 in the back and it seems to charge fine.... I guess I will play around with it for now.....

I just have to order those powerpoles...