Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: EVX-2 problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default EVX-2 problem

Ahoy!

So went to turn on my summit earlier and nothing happened. Older version with the EVX-2 without a lipo cut off but with a Novak smart stop installed. Been running just fine so this was a surprise. Checked the batteries and they were fine, but one of the adapters I made to go from traxxas ends to dean's was busted. Must have been a cold solder. So I took her inside and soldered up a new one right quick and plugged it all back in. Still nothing not a sound or light.

Looked further and saw this...

What do you think happened here? Wasn't close enough to the motor. Was it a short? Is this esc most likely dead now or should I pick up a new lead tomorrow and splice it in? Like I said before, plugged in it was giving me nothing.

Cheers,
Dick

Sent through a magic window using my thumbs.
Attached Images

Mrdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: EVX-2 problem

ive seen shorted servos do that to a lead wire. try to find the source of the short and cross your fingers.
envious8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: EVX-2 problem

Hmm. Going to go over all the wiring tonight and see if I can't find any faults. The adapter that failed isn't likely the place because I had it so well wrapped so that if it did it couldn't touch, but I guess there is always a chance. The new ones I made are much much better.

My buddy had a couple of fried escs around his shop and he brought me in some new wires. Going to try and solder it up and at least see if I can get it to respond. Guess if it is dead at least I can get a replacement with a built in lipo cutoff and stop using the Novak smart stop... Guess I had to fry something considering I just purchased a new BR-XL an hour or so before finding this. Universe keeping the balance....
Old 10-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Stripped the wire down, hooked up a new lead off an old esc and plugged it back in... Success!!! Works perfectly, so I guess I got lucky.

Took a good look around at all the wiring and I could not find anything suspect. It must have been that cold solder in my first home made adapter. The only other thing it could be other than that is my smart stop, but that has been working just fine. Guess I'll have to just run it a bit and see what happens.

Sent through a magic window using my thumbs.

EVX-2 problem - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EVX vs EVX2, Motor limit on EVX???? Rob92k1500 Electronics 12 05-16-2011 05:50 PM
EVX 2 Problem rockin92xj Electronics 1 01-20-2008 01:05 AM
EVX with RX pack problem NickRummy Electronics 0 07-17-2007 06:35 AM
EVX problem or reciever? Noob question JC Rover Electronics 6 03-21-2006 06:53 PM