Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: CC sidewinder V3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default CC sidewinder V3

Picked one up for my CC01 build. I have read in a couple threads here to roll back firmware to a version prior to the "crawler reverse" setting. I am on latest firmware, and crawler reverse seems to function pretty well. Drag brake is on "full on", and reverse is without delay. Am I missing something by not rolling back firmware? I'm sure this has been covered, but a search didn't turn up much.

Thanks!

Jason
83GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: CC sidewinder V3

Sometimes if you have problems setting up the esc rolling back the firmware can solve the issue. Never heard of rolling it back past crawler reverse though. Personally I think some of them come from the factory with corrupted firmware and just reloading a different version fixes it. If you don't have any problems then don't worry about it
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I don't seem to be having any problem. HUGE improvement over the stock ESC! All my other ESC's are BL only, and I wanted to stick with a brushed motor in this truck. I should mention, I'm running this on a little A123 pack. Not sure if I should set the cutoff to the minimum 3v per cell (too low for A123, really), or just leave it off.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
Sometimes if you have problems setting up the esc rolling back the firmware can solve the issue. Never heard of rolling it back past crawler reverse though. Personally I think some of them come from the factory with corrupted firmware and just reloading a different version fixes it. If you don't have any problems then don't worry about it
+1.

I run firmware 1.28(?) with no issues. I have read there are some newer versions that fix some glitches that messed up crawlers. I have not tried them though so can't comment based on personal experience.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks, guys. Seems to be running great so far. Just had to bump the reverse up from 50%. It was cutting out a bit until I set the LVC to custom 5v. 2.5v per cell should be fine for A123 cells. I have an external 6v BEC on there, but I am thinking about wiring the servo direct to the ESC power leads. The 6.6v nominal pack voltage should be fine for a servo, don't you think?

Thanks again!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Castle Creations ESC tip thread(brushed)

That's the thread I was talking about that references the older firmware version.

CC sidewinder V3 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sidewinder and sidewinder SCT troubleshooting nstn8 Electronics 7 01-17-2011 07:50 PM
sidewinder with a cc bec,works great but Can I swap it out for a Micro sidewinder? username Electronics 3 04-04-2009 10:11 PM
sidewinder/sidewinder micro/mamba 25 nj05nismo Electronics 2 03-07-2008 08:42 PM