Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: HH motor ?'s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default HH motor ?'s

Hi I need to buy a few motors and was thinking I'd go with Holmes, one is for a
SCX10 NB JK running a CC sv3 and 2s it has an 20t axial motor 80t spur 20t pinion. I would like a little less speed and more crawlabilaty, I know I could change spur/pinion but want a better quality motor and was thinking of a HH 35t.

Next is my 1.9 wraith running CC sv3 and a scorpion 2500kv brushless outrunner on 3s, I think it has 87t spur and around 15t pinion, love the speed but it's crap down low and very jerky of the bottom, would a HH 35t suit this as well and if so can you recomend any particular one. Thanks in advance for any help.
greenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: HH motor ?'s

I would go with a 35t for the jeep and a 13t crawlmaster for your wraith. I have ran these combo in the past with great results
Epcampau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thank's for the reply mate.
greenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

You can't go wrong with an HH motor. I have a couple 45s and a couple 35s...both have some nice low end torque for a nice crawl. Brushless motors just don't have that linear grade crawlers like...but are real nice for go fast
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I love my Holmes 35T torquemaster pro for all out crawling, tons of TQ and enough wheelspeed, so it's in my 2.2 in progress sporty build. I removed it from the Wraith because I wanted both a decent crawler, and a good bash rig for around the house. I fully admit I'm a HP junkie for bash rigs, nothing against the Holmes motor at all, but I put a pro4 3300 and MMP in the Wraith and could not be happier. My Wraith has the AX2 two speed also. While it doesn't have quite the low end response of the 35T brushed motor in low range, it's close enough for me considering how much speed I now have in high range for bashing around. As Harley says, you can't have it all, but the pro4 / MMP is about as close as you'll ever get, especially with the two speed.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:59 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Well I started out with the HH torquemaster sport 27t and it was a nice improvement, then I installed a crawlmaster sport 13t and I think it is best for my wraith, I'm putting the three 27t in my scx10 Rubicon build.
realsickclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I ran the HH 35t torquemaster pro in my scx for over a year, as things progressed, I ended up on 4s with a 87/16 gearing.. loved it! Then I got a 16t crawlmaster and dropped it in, same gearing, WOW!!! No need for 4s but... for muddier courses/terrain or just fun, it was awesome!

For the wraith.. 13t crawlmaster.. unless you like it on the dirty side, maybe give the 27t trailmaster pro a shot..

The low end and torque is spot on for any crawlers needs which moves us all to the wheel speed, Amazing!... with the crawlmaster line, its top notch and all around the smoothest and best that i have put an any of my rigs...
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote