Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: waterproof hitec servo problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #1

Default waterproof hitec servo problems

Well I bought one a few weeks ago since my lhs had one it stock when I went looking for a new one and since I run in a lot of water and mud I figured id try it out even though the power of it seemed a little weak for my scx10 with 1.9s. It was working pretty good for awhile but noticed when I go into deeper water(over the tires) it gets very sluggish or stops working all together. Im not sure whether its the lack or torque the servo has or if water is getting in somewhere and temporarily shorting it out.

Wondering if anyone has any input on this or if they've had similar things happen.
Cody318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

You positive it's the servo and not something else getting wet? Have you inspected the case to see if water is getting inside?
Duxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #3

Default Re: waterproof hitec servo problems

Don't think anything else is getting wet, the receiver is waterproofed and in a water proof receiver box, and I didn't have this problem until I installed this servo but it is weaker so that's why the more I think about it i might just need a higher torque servo. Ill pop the case apart this weekend to check to see if there is any water getting in there
Cody318 is offline   Reply With Quote

waterproof hitec servo problems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone else having problems with Hitec 7950th servo KustomKreeper8606 Axial Wraith 15 01-16-2016 01:04 AM
hitec hs7980th servo problems. minicrawlerguy530 Electronics 4 11-22-2012 02:29 AM
problems with waterproof servo need help Mr. Ed Electronics 1 02-21-2009 09:05 AM