Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Will this Outrunner work? (A guide for motor selection)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #21
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Your master ESC would probably do the job, but I dont know how the reverse action is. I never owned one. I would suggest a Hyperion z3025 or similar outrunner for that beast. The Hacker 3025 is the same motor.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #22

Thanx for a swift answer
Well I'm kinda looking for a new ESC to go with my crawler-project.
I'm not too happy with the Hacker-ESC's... The motors from Hacker are great, but the ESC's is somewhat goofy.
What ESC would you recommend??

Thanx again!!

Regards
Roy.
TheWiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #23

Hands down the mamba max is the most flexible, affordable, and capable right now.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #24

Ok, then Mamba Max it will be. I can't seem to find any Hacker 3025... You mean the A-series, don't you??
And what about the JETI BL Advance Car Sport ESC?? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNHA8&P=7
Regards
Roy

Last edited by TheWiking; 03-15-2007 at 08:11 PM.
TheWiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #25

Find a Hacker 30 series that is 6 ounces or more and you are golden. a30-8xl would be my choice. I forgot they changed the name to something that doesnt actually describe the size of the motor other than "L" and "XL"
Old 04-06-2007, 12:00 PM   #26
RMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrobholmes View Post
Info that is pertinent of construction: length and diameter of the stator, 22mm diameter is minimum in my book, and thats about the smallest you can find. If the diameter is 22mm, the length should be at least 10mm for a tlt IMO. I find this motor size to be too weak for my tastes.
What kind of performance difference is between mabuchi rs 540sh (TLT stock motor) and your minimum recommendation? I`m just trying to get point of comparison.
RMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:31 AM   #27

I'm tring to find out what brushless set up to run in my 1/6 scaler. Right now Im running a moped esc, 55 turn axle snappers, 2 tp mg 995 servo's and 3000 mah nihm batteries. The tires and rims are Nylint. It has a steal frame, and a hard body. I would guess 20 pounds, Its a heavy one. I want to run lipo's, I have been looking at the revolvers, but I think thay would be too small. I think a set of mamba max's would work for escs, but Im not sure on the motor. The way it is right now I get about half an hour to 45 min.s of run time( just playing on the rocks in the backyard. This was my first RC, and I built it from scatch.

Thanks for any kind of help

Wes
crazietj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:09 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMA View Post
What kind of performance difference is between mabuchi rs 540sh (TLT stock motor) and your minimum recommendation? I`m just trying to get point of comparison.
A stock silver can will have more grunt off the line and weigh 3x as much. Once the smaller motor gets spooled up it will have close to the same power.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazietj View Post
I'm tring to find out what brushless set up to run in my 1/6 scaler. Right now Im running a moped esc, 55 turn axle snappers, 2 tp mg 995 servo's and 3000 mah nihm batteries. The tires and rims are Nylint. It has a steal frame, and a hard body. I would guess 20 pounds, Its a heavy one. I want to run lipo's, I have been looking at the revolvers, but I think thay would be too small. I think a set of mamba max's would work for escs, but Im not sure on the motor. The way it is right now I get about half an hour to 45 min.s of run time( just playing on the rocks in the backyard. This was my first RC, and I built it from scatch.

Thanks for any kind of help

Wes

I would think that an outrunner of the 3025 size would be enough, especially if you had pretty low gearing. Do you have a build thread?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #30

yes it this one.

My first build
crazietj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

How can I tell if it will have the standard mounting dimensions and won't need an adapter plate? I was looking at some of these Turnigy motors. For the price they look worth trying once.

Turnigy Motors
Thundermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote