RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   2 High powered savox servos but what BEC? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/471832-2-high-powered-savox-servos-but-what-bec.html)

axial 4x4 crawler 12-01-2013 08:44 AM

2 High powered savox servos but what BEC?

Hello, I have a traxxas e-revo and the stock traxxas servos are kind of weak so I will be upgrading to the Savox SC1232SG they are Coreless Digital at .13/305 oz. Now I am getting two of these which equals 605oz but I will need a BEC for this. I have used castles 10 amp BEC's for many things but this truck is taking 2 servos which means it may need the 20 amp BEC. How will this work, because I will need to solder this to the Mamba Monster by shaving a part of the wire off the battery leads and putting the BEC on, but I saw that the 20 amp has two RX connectors on their, where would I plug those in? Will I need a Y-connector to plug this huge BEC in? This set-up is running on two 2s Gens ace 5000 mah 65c batteries. I know I sound like a newbie but honestly this is my first truck with all this power, but if anyone can answer these questions I would appreciate it,
- axial 4x4 crawler

1r3land 12-01-2013 08:49 AM

1 high torque servo should be plenty..IMO
I converted my mamba e revo to 1 high torque and also converted my mamba summit with huge 40 series rock crusher tires to 1 good high torque and it was plenty power to turn them, even dead stopped in dirt grass rocks pavement etc...
Unless you just want to spend more money , I'm pretty sure one will get you by just fine... But you will still need a BEC .

Zeks05 12-01-2013 09:04 AM

Re: 2 High powered savox servos but what BEC?

Are you Set on the 1232 servo? the savox 1230 puts out 500oz i run 2 on my class 3 scaler.. what i would do if ur set on ur build u want. get 2 10amp becs

1.Cut all the ends off the becs and servos..
2. Splice and solder the 2 signal wires 2gather for the servos to work 2gather at the same time, then run one plug with out the POS and NEG wires in it to the RX for signal.
3. bend back the signal wire on the BEC (after setting the voltage) and roll it up and heat shrink it or tape it just so it dont touch anything and short out.
4. splice and solder the Pos. and Neg. wires to each servo for power.
5. splice and solder both power leads from becs together and solder to esc plug for power when plugged in.
Need a pic for ref.. just ask and ill try to get one wiped up for ya
If u need more help PM me... and i can walk ya through it no worries this is very simple. and it will save ya some money.

shakemandril 12-01-2013 09:08 AM

1 single 10amp castle bec will handle your servo just fine. The Savox-1230sg would be perfect and is a good price point. Here is a LINK to a thread on the traxxas site that should help you wire your bec.

***Make sure you read the whole thread and understand it before soldering***

axial 4x4 crawler 12-01-2013 11:34 AM

Thanks guys, I am thinking about just one servo the SC-1230sg, yes this looks like a great servo for the money and I will get a castle 10 amp BEC (this should work just fine); with 4s power (14.8 v) I will set the BEC to 6v using the castle link. I will also get a servo extension because usually the savox wire is shorter and can't reach the receiver. But with the Mamba Monster I will get a 3 in. extension, cut the red POS. wire and plug it in but might have to program the MMM with my castle link to accept the 4s voltage. But will I need to modify the servo horn or the "turning rod" to accept one servo? With only the one servo that has 500 oz. of torque for only 75 bucks that will give more room to afford new tires for the e-revo. Thank you guys a lot, I greatly appreciate it,
- axial 4x4 crawler

The Violator 12-01-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakemandril (Post 4570184)
1 single 10amp castle bec will handle your servo just fine. The Savox-1230sg would be perfect and is a good price point. Here is a LINK to a thread on the traxxas site that should help you wire your bec.

***Make sure you read the whole thread and understand it before soldering***

Not This

If you are going to run 2 Shitbox servos, read these forums and see how many people had problems with them even with a BEC. If your set on 2, the BEC Pro from castle is the only single BEC, otherwise buy 2 of the standard BEC's.

Of course for the money you could buy a single Hitec and know it will work without issue on a single BEC.

axial 4x4 crawler 12-01-2013 05:42 PM

Well the Savox servos have never let me down and Hitec has less power for the money! I am not going to drop a lot of money on a servo that has less power. But like I said I am running one servo, the savox one. A long time ago I bought a Hitec 7980th with 611 oz. at 7.4v cost me almost 180 bucks and it is to slow for the e-revo. I will simply get a castle 10 amp and then the savox servo. (Keep in mind that Hitecs are slower, except the new models they just came out with). I have plenty of time to pick which servo to get but look at the other guys that said the Savox 1230sg will work just as good.

Zeks05 12-22-2013 07:05 PM

I love my 1230 savox.. yes it was only 68bucks.. but i guess 2years of worry free service on savox is a bad run.. o.0

true of the matter is people have problems with brand new cars.. this shit is mass produced it happens.. just crappy that the company name takes the rap for it... tho the funny part of the hole story is im sure if u do all the back tracking and dirt work.. hitec and savox parts prolly come from the same factory in china..

long story short what parts in ur truck dont make ur truck crappy or any less of a truck.. just shows ppl what kind of wallet you have..

i read the forums every day.. i see the problems with EVERYTHING, brood,holmes,castle,tekin etc...etc... they all have problems

Exocaged 12-24-2013 07:20 AM

I have a summit and am thinking of 2 high power servos myself. I have 2 savox 1231's that have been in a crawler for long time and have 444oz of power. I may put those in the summit and get a set of the 1230's for the crawler, so far savox have worked very well for me and I have no problems buying more of them.