Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Cc bec help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Cc bec help please

I have a cc bec that when hooked up according to castles instructions it never shows a green light... And only reads .91 volts conning out of output plug. When I plug it into by castle link the greed led on the bec turns on but it will not connect.

Sent from my I wait for it ...Phone using Tapatalk
sanny632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Cc bec help please

What is it connected to for power? Usually it's on the ESC input wires, it gets it's power when a pack is plugged in.
As to programming, if it's connected like above, you will likely need a pack plugged in (to program the BEC) since the PC USB connection (through the Castle Link) can't provide enough power to bring up the BEC and the ESC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I tried hooking up a battery while it's wires to speedo and I also unhooked it from speedo

Sent from my I wait for it ...Phone using Tapatalk
sanny632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Cc bec help please

I copied this right from my CC Link software program.

Verify that you have a green USB connection status in the lower left hand corner of the Castle Link screen. If not, go to the Castle Link FAQ section regarding loading the driver. If it is green but the ‘Device Connection Status’ light stays red, the USB port may not be able to provide enough current to power the CC BEC. This generally happens when you have soldered the ESC and BEC leads together. To fix it plug the BEC into the Castle Link, and then plug a battery pack into the ESC/BEC battery connection.

If you are still having problems connecting please contact our customer support team at:

support@castlecreations.com

System Requirements: Castle Link is compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7.*

*Windows Vista and Windows 7 require a specific installation process. See our Castle Link FAQ page for more information.

Macintosh users may take advantage of software such as Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion, or Apple's Boot Camp along with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or Windows 7 to run the Castle Link software, provided the Macintosh has an Intel processor. Macintosh installation is not supported by Castle Creations.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Cc bec help please - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BRXL+Castle Link+Bec=? How do i set BEC? crazyorigin Electronics 17 11-21-2011 03:11 PM
Built in bec vs. Rooster Crawler bec for glitching mudking82 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 12-07-2010 08:57 AM
using external BEC & esc's internal BEC.... slowlearner Newbie General 2 02-14-2010 01:35 AM
Receiver BEC (vs ESC BEC) sim Electronics 7 10-13-2005 07:54 PM