Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: How I can make the electric connection for a conversion from one motor to two?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #1

Default How I can make the electric connection for a conversion from one motor to two?

I want to know what I will need for parts and how to make the connection. My truck already had two motors but they work at the same time, and I want to be able to control them independent. I'm new in the hobby so thanks to anyone that can help me on this.
LittleSteven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Defy Gravity

Default Re: How I can make the electric connection for a conversion from one motor to two?

the best way to do two motors is to run two speed controllers. this is a bit more expensive, and requires a radio capable of mixing the controllers, or a stick radio to run truly independent.

the other way is a dig switch. this can be either electric entirely or mechanical with a micro servo and push switches. this will turn the motor off or on, but will not give you fully proportional control of the two motors. this is somewhat cheaper than the 2 speed controllers, but the price here is that you have one controller running 2 motors still. more load, less control, not as good of a system.

with a dual speed controller mixed system you have the best setup, a hacked gt3b/c is a cheap option (i use a hacked gt3c by overkillrc and really like it), or you can go with a high end radio like a futaba 4pl, 4pk or airtronics mt4. it will take time to program the system, but there are some stellar write ups on here from various users that outline exactly what to do.

Last edited by ghtpdm5; 12-22-2013 at 06:36 PM.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote

How I can make the electric connection for a conversion from one motor to two? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T-maxx conversion to electric use. NissanNut General Crawlers 1 12-15-2010 09:25 AM
kyosho st-rr electric conversion d-fly Non Crawler RC's 3 03-24-2009 08:27 PM
need help on x-factor 2 conversion to electric . snowball50 XTM Crawler 2 11-20-2006 10:07 PM
electric revo conversion madd maxx General Crawlers 7 02-11-2006 02:13 AM
Nitro to electric conversion Der_Meister General Crawlers 7 08-10-2004 06:57 PM