Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: If your Novak BL seems weak and you have a loose tab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default If your Novak BL seems weak and you have a loose tab

I am new to the BL scene for crawlers and I had recently bought a Novak system to try. It was a 21.5t and I bought a 18.5t stator to try. Well taking it apart isn't as smooth as the video shows. The endbell sticks like a bugger. Finally figured that using some long screws where the motor mount screws go will help push it out. Before I figured that out I kept trying what they said to do in the video and holding it that way and fighting it I worked the center solder tab loose. Nothing to obvious or too worry about I thought. I put it back together and it worked. Well playing with it later I noticed a huge lack in low end torque. Start up torque. I thought that maybe I should of kept the 21.5t stator that I sold and was looking to buy a new one when I decided I would try my back up stator. While I soldering the wire off the old stator I decide to pry up the tab a little. I could see that 3 of the 4 wires came off. So I removed the tab. Took whatever slack out of the other wires and resolder them to the tab. I haven't tried that stator yet cause I already installed the new but I'm guessing that was it. I think there wasn't much wiggle room with those to begin with. So if you have a loose tab and the motor seems weak that may be it.
it8ezbngrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

If your Novak BL seems weak and you have a loose tab - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MadDogRC - D-Ring Tab Mad4Rnr Scale parts 8 03-28-2012 07:07 PM
Novak Rooster Crawler hold/drag brakes feel very weak?? GSRswapandslow Electronics 10 05-22-2009 02:25 PM
novak 55t getting weak shackwrrr Electronics 2 02-11-2009 03:34 AM
What happened to the search tab? B-Dawg Newbie General 2 11-20-2008 05:34 AM