Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Wiring bec into rx?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Wiring bec into rx?

I am using a hi tech 7955 servo, tekin fxr esc, ccbec and will want some lights and maybe a dig or winch at some point all controlled with a Futaba 4pls with a R304SB rx. My questions are:

1. Can I just wire the bec (set to 6.0v) into my rx into the S.BUS2 terminal or just use bec to power servo and let the tekin fxr bec (5.0v) power the rest?

2. Which way do the female plugs, plug into the futaba R304SB rx? They can go in either way. Black on right side or left side?

3. Can the lights get wired into the rx? I will want to have 5 leds for roof lights, and 2 leds for front bumper to start.

Thanks for your replys...
Hirschowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wiring BEC into RX?

Not sure I would use the S.BUS2 port (I would have to read the manual to be sure), you could just plug the external BEC into an open port on the RX (like channel 4).
Yes, you could use the external BEC direct to the servo, it's what I do.
NOTE: If you plug the external BEC into the RX, remove the red wire from the ESC to the RX. You don't want 2 power sources going into the RX.

General rule for plugging into the RX, the black (or brown) wire from the device goes toward the closest outside edge of the RX.

If you plug lights into the RX, they will be "on" when the RX is "on", you will have no control over them.
HeyOK makes controllers that go between the RX & lights so you can switch them on/off remotely. There are other light controllers out there as well.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Wiring bec into rx?

Ok thanks for the input Charlie-III. I have read the manual and said the S.BUS2 port can be used for power or for an SBUS2 connection. It just shows the CCBec plugged into channel 1. Already cut the red wire from esc per instructions on the CCBec. Just have to solder it back together. I have seen how to wire the bec into the servo only and I think thats the route I will go as well. I will let the esc power the rx.

Good info on how to plug into the rx. Couldn't find anything.

Will look into the HeyOk controllers. the axial NVS is just too much and dont really care for turn signals and dimming and brightening of lights depending on throttle.

Thanks again for the info!!!!
Hirschowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Wiring bec into rx? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CC BEC Wiring HELP! AKbash57 Electronics 0 12-02-2011 12:17 PM
BEC Wiring Neverdone Newbie General 20 12-24-2009 09:29 PM
BEC wiring Happy_trucker Electronics 5 07-24-2009 12:54 AM
Bec Wiring aaugman Electronics 8 02-14-2009 03:13 AM