Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin FX-R help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Tekin FX-R help

Just installed my electronics today (finally). Completed the job, mounted everything, double check my wiring and solder joints. Got excited to finally turn it on. Then plugged in a 2s lipo battery and I got nothing on the ESC. I don't have the radio on yet, but no led's or noises. Check voltage at battery terminal and get 7.6v. Even check on the terminal posts themselves. The battery isn't fully charged, but it should still turn on right? The battery is in storage. I made sure the switch was on too.

The rx is powered thru a ccbec and that led is on, but no ESC. The ESC should turn on. What gives? Maybe it is a bad ESC? Any help is appreciated.
Hirschowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Tekin FX-R help

just having a quick glance at the pdf quick setup guide it does mention there that you should here the chimes/see the lights when you have the radio turned on and then turn on the esc whilst holding the mode button for 3 seconds.

presumably because it has not been initially setup yet to learn your throttle channels neutral/full throw positions.

it also mentions in there that it will look for your radios rx signal on every power up after an initial calibration has been done.

tony
Awesome-Sauce RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/FXManual.pdf

also what about trying the self test/factory reset function mentioned in the guide, that should cycle the led's as its self testing and at least give an indication that it is getting power and doing what it should.

tony
Awesome-Sauce RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks tony for your replies. I tried the self test first and it still did nothing. Then I fired up my new 4pls and the ESC turned on. Thank god I didn't have to send any thing back. Now have to do all the set up features....

Thanks again
Hirschowl is offline   Reply With Quote