Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster Expert Combo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 12:02 AM   #1

Default Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster Expert Combo

Hi,
new to the site and love all the knowledge here!
I have a question I purchased the above combo, its a 27T for an Axial wraith and I have switched my diff rings so my crawler runs forward without reversing my ESC. question is what is the correct rotation of motor going forward. I know it is set at zero timing but also am reading it should go faster in one direction (forward) then reverse. I feel like it is the same in both directions but almost like theres more punch in reverse. I have not switched the motor leads yet but just wanted to ask. I attached black to black and white to red on the motor to ESC wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love this crawling thing!
BoxersInc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster Expert Combo

If its at zero timing, you could switch ur rings gears back and switch the motor direction on the tx(unless its stock tx?) Or flip ur wires on the motor and ur ring gears.

Even with 6° timing, ur not goin to notice it goin faster forward then reverse, imo..

For knowledge sake. Timing is advanced in the direction the motor spins to make you go forward. Their should be little notches on the end bell and a small line in the can. At zero timing, the first line on the end bell should be lined up with the line on the can. The lines are 10°, go half the distance in the direction ur motor spins to make the rig go forward.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #3
RCC Addict

What ESC are you using?

If you are running the motor/ESC reversed and the "Reverse Amount" ESC Setting is less than 100% you could be running slower forward.

Have you checked the ESC to see what the reverse amount is set to?

You may want to pull the motor from the rig to check it with everything setup for forward rotation to make it simpler to troubleshoot.

Here is a nice image from the Holmes Hobbies site that shows the timing marks.

Last edited by k7zpj; 01-14-2014 at 08:51 AM.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:26 AM   #4

Thank you guys for responding to the post, I am running the Holmes Torquemaster Expert ESC. The motor is the torque master expert 27T from Holmes as well...which I love even from the little time running, I just built the rig in the last 3 months. I know it is zero timing and I have the Spektrum DS3C TX/RX. I have heard I can set the For/Rev percentages on the ESC with the Castle link which I have not done yet. Also on the TX I have everything set for normal and not reverse. I have not tried to swap the wires from the ESC to motor yet either. I will try all of these things to see what works, I am pretty sure from all I have read that it definitely should move faster in forward unless I have the ESC set at 50/50%....? I think heh. Thats the fun though right..tinkering. Once again thank you for the replys and pics. Happy Crawling!
BoxersInc. is offline   Reply With Quote

Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster Expert Combo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
holmes hobbies torquemaster bl HELP bergin Electronics 4 08-01-2010 06:37 PM