Notices

Thread: HH Servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #221
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Re: HH Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSCX10 View Post
but there has to be better ways to keep current customers happy and, more importantly, up and running.

We held back servos to use for repairs and it wasn't quite enough to fulfill the time between runs. It generally takes 10 weeks to order and receive products from overseas manufacturers, so everything that I do to address issues has to be months in advance of our customers needs for a perfect score. We are steadily increasing our inventory levels for sales and repairs, but every increase has been met with growing sales that exceed our planning. Then we have a period of no inventory and no parts to complete repairs.

It's a good problem of sales, it's a bad problem of service. I do know it is a problem.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #222
RCC Addict

Any ETA on these? Tired of splitting Savox cases
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:14 AM   #223
Quarry Creeper

I had to break down and buy another new hitec hs7954sh. Didn't want to, but I could not wait anymore.
savagebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #224
Quarry Creeper

Yep, I'm sick of waiting as well. Sorry Holmes.
ProjectSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #225

I understand, no worries folks.

We will be receiving new servos and TrailMaster BL motors either today or tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #226
I wanna be Dave

Darn it, of course I read this right after I NEEDED and ordered a servo.

Settled on a Hitec 7950, but was looking forward to trying one of these.

I can tell you that if the gear issue is resolved, then Holmes won't be able to keep these in stock. They, on paper at least, put any other servo short of a $240 Futaba to shame. Should order ten times more next go around to keep all our needs met.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to using hardened steel gears over the more expensive Titanium versions. As long as the gears are a smidge wider than normal the steel should hold up well.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #227

Servos came in today, and the most often broken gear has been upgraded to a hardened steel. The packaging lists "all titanium" gears and the waterproofing doesn't meet my expectations, so still not quite on point of where I want to be. We will definitely keep working on improving them, but as-is they are still very powerful, efficient, and well priced.

The 5 warranties we were holding are shipping out today with brand new servos. My many thanks to the people who had to wait.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #228
Quarry Creeper

All good news. On the waterproofing note..... is there anything we should look out for? Avoiding submersion, splashed, etc.?
Old 10-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #229

submersion should be avoided. Splashing won't be a problem as the case is still well sealed. But part of the PCB was not waterproofed that really needs it for underwater use, IMO.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #230
Quarry Creeper

Is it something a dab of conformal coating could fix?
Old 10-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #231
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the update on the servos. I had a couple fail, and your service (Jonathan in particular) has been excellent. The best I've dealt with among the multiple vendors I deal with, which keeps me coming back. Any update on when the new Revolvers will be coming in?
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #232
Rock Crawler

So I just ordered one of these bad boys but got a couple questions about warranty/waterproofing.

I'm assuming if I submerge the servo and it dies it will most likely wont be covered under warranty?

Now If we go through and better waterproof these ourselves would we void warranty? If not what techniques of waterproofing would you recommend into better protecting these guys?

Thanks in advance, Just got your BRXL and Expert last week and I'm in love. Cant wait to get this servo!
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #233
Quarry Creeper

The replacement servo I just got seems pretty "jittery" while turning and centering. Normal? Set at 8v with a flysky radio system.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #234
I wanna be Dave

Just put one of the replacements into my Wraith set at 6V with a 4PLS and it's working fine.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:18 AM   #235
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSCX10 View Post
The replacement servo I just got seems pretty "jittery" while turning and centering. Normal? Set at 8v with a flysky radio system.

Could be the flysky system. I had terrible time with mine glitching all day yesterday and my drag brake stopped working and someone mentioned it's the radio. They have a crappy time finding center in steering and throttle. I was sick of it! I got a dx3 the same day from a friend I'm putting in.
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #236
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 802coma View Post
Could be the flysky system. I had terrible time with mine glitching all day yesterday and my drag brake stopped working and someone mentioned it's the radio. They have a crappy time finding center in steering and throttle. I was sick of it! I got a dx3 the same day from a friend I'm putting in.
Thats strange, it's usually the Spektrum radios that go crazy when there is a Flysky in the group.
I recently sent my hh V2 servo in for repairs due to a terrible delay.
I run a Flysky GT3B and have absolutely no problems with any other brands from Hitec to stock rtr servos.
That tells me it's not an issue with the Radio system.
Hopefully they get it figured out.
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #237
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I've been running flysky for years. I know that isn't the issue. IT works fine, just doesn't do its travel as smooth as hitecs etc.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #238

I've noticed no difference in smoothness as compared to my hitecs and futabas. If you can take a vid of it or send it in we will check it out.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:51 PM   #239
I wanna be Dave

Just checking if I break the "TI" replacement gears I got from before. Will I now get the new steel ones?
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #240
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I've noticed no difference in smoothness as compared to my hitecs and futabas. If you can take a vid of it or send it in we will check it out.
Second that.
fatroofus is offline   Reply With Quote

HH Servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C.I. - Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount - Annoucement Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 10 05-07-2015 01:25 PM
***Crawler Innovations Engraved Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 106 10-20-2013 02:16 AM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 228 07-12-2011 01:17 PM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 266 04-01-2011 02:18 PM
Crawler Innovations Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount GIVEAWAY!!! Nova's Ark General Crawlers 219 10-18-2010 12:43 PM