Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: HH Servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default HH Servo

I just came across this on Holmes site, I haven't noticed it before so I am not sure if this is new or not, but this servo looks pretty darn nice and the price is decent also
Holmes Hobbies LLC

418oz torque, metal case, T gears, for 79$ not bad at all

Cheers,
Wade
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default HH Servo

Yep. Check my build in the twin hammers section for some video of the new servo and motor running today

Szczerba's #744 Twin Hammer
Here's the video link too

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0KUnbyIgb74

Last edited by Szczerba; 01-25-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: HH Servo

Well seek and ye shall find lol. Awesome build BTW. Hopefully that servo holds up, I know their motors are terrific. I was looking into the hitec servo 7950 but for half the price and a little bit less torque, I think the HH is well worth it, and they are a trusted company also. Thanks for the link.

Cheers,
Wade
Old 01-25-2014, 09:09 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
Well seek and ye shall find lol. Awesome build BTW. Hopefully that servo holds up, I know their motors are terrific. I was looking into the hitec servo 7950 but for half the price and a little bit less torque, I think the HH is well worth it, and they are a trusted company also. Thanks for the link.

Cheers,
Wade

The twin hammers steering is limited so it doesn't get the full test right now. Kinda wanna swap it out to one of my 2.2 comp rigs soon.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:19 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Then I will have to keep an eye on your report. I am in the process of building a wraith 1.9 for my 3yr old son and I will be using the hitec 5645 for him, since he really wont be doing hard core crawling or trail bashing it will be fine, and besides I already have it. but I am going to build a wroncho and this HH servo looks like it will fit the bill.

Cheers,
Wade
Old 01-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

Sh!t. Now I have to buy all my electronics instead of just the motors for my berg from them.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:51 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Check this out....

They are strikingly similar.... I dare to say they are out from the same factory, similar story of the Hitec 7955 and hobbico CS170.

I like the red one better,....
Colgout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgout View Post
Check this out....

They are strikingly similar.... I dare to say they are out from the same factory, similar story of the Hitec 7955 and hobbico CS170.

I like the red one better,....
I was trying to find that, because I had remembered one that looked eerily similar to the HH one. Hmmmm
Old 01-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Do you guys really thing JohnH is just rebadging them and changing the color to sell them at 2x the Price???
Come on....

Like anything from hobbyking and others like them, you get what you pay for. Where ever HH gets theirs from, you can be they are going over it with, inside and out, checking everything.

HobbyKing - take you 2months to get it and every third one will work right for 3months and fizz out.
HolmesHobbies - get it in a week, everyone works, any problems and they will actually have customer service, and it will last the life span of a good servo.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a cheapO and I do shop from HK and HP from time to time. But it's always a gamble and you accept that.
Do it once, do it right, no tears - no fears.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:02 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Chinese factories are known for rebadging items and selling it cheaper...lol
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:09 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

The casing is an exact copy, other then the anodizing, and both state japan brushless and titanium gears. But with all that, yes you get what you pay for and I do believe they are not the same, even though they are both released around the same time. Better quality control at HH also. I wasn't thinking they were the same at all, I knew though I had seen a similar looking one somewhere.

Last edited by Wade; 01-26-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Yes but is it waterproof?
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:33 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Of course for you lots in States, the postage is cheap and fast, but for us in the rest of the world, no so.

Just the HH name on the servo will worth $25 on top of whatever it would cost because of the warranty and service. Don't think John will put his name on the line if he don't think the product is good.

I believe they are the same servo, the spec are identical unlike the BR-XL and Castle ESC. However, the HH version will probably under more stringent testing requirements or they went thru 100% testing, and therefore more lasting.

I like hobbyking, 99% of mine purchase (like wire, plugs and Lipo) are great, however, I have some DOA of servo from tunigy and hobbyking brand. But I got my money back after sending it back. I have already ordered 2 of these and to see if I like it. Gonna use them in non-competitive rig first. Can't take the chance.

Last edited by Colgout; 01-26-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Colgout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy nick View Post
Listen , I'm gonna step in here and explain a little something. If you look at Orion and Hobbywing esc's they're identical looking, yes, internally, NO! Yes they are built in the same factory and yes by the same ppl. However the Orion parts ie boards, fets , even solder are of alot better grade and alot more care is taken in the build process . Also Orions firmware is different from hobbywings, hence the tuner cars not being interchangable. Take all this into consideration, this is why Orion is double the cost. I had a huge issue with Orion and ended up being emailed from there home office in Europe with this explanation plus more detail.

So the manufacturer told you all that and you believed it?

My rich uncle who was a prince in Zimbabwe just died leaving me 4 brazillion dollars. I'll send you a check to cash and send me 80% back ok?
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #15
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
So the manufacturer told you all that and you believed it?
Well, yeah, nothing stopping a Mfr from buying the cheap, chinese ESCs, throwing away the cheap guts, putting in their own superior technology, and putting it back together to deliver a killer ESC that looks like a cheap, chinese unit. Some people are into that, ya know?

Anyways, to get this thread back on track, hopefully by next week I can report back with my initial thoughts on these HH units.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubble View Post
Well, yeah, nothing stopping a Mfr from buying the cheap, chinese ESCs, throwing away the cheap guts, putting in their own superior technology, and putting it back together to deliver a killer ESC that looks like a cheap, chinese unit. Some people are into that, ya know?

Anyways, to get this thread back on track, hopefully by next week I can report back with my initial thoughts on these HH units.
Thanks I appreciate any feedback on these, having a 3yr old kind of limits funds lol. Although I do like bargain shopping . I would pass on the Turnigy servo, The (HH) seem really nice, I might have to get one of the Turnigy ones in the future (just to see). I can't justify spending $150 for a hitec, I know they are good, and I have a few of the 160oz and they have lasted for years, but for non competition- backyard bashing, trail running, etc. That's a lot of $$$ for the high torque models

Cheers,
Wade

Last edited by Wade; 01-26-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

I am going to create another thread on Turnigy servos to keep the two separate, I want this thread to focus on the HH servos, and peoples experience with them

Cheers,
Wade
Old 01-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #18
RCC Addict

I have not been a big fan of HH because I have had no luck ever getting in touch with him when I need to but if he is now doing servoes I night have to give him another go. I will be researching the new servoes out shortly as I get a couple of rigs going again after I recover from my neck and back surgery this coming week.

I saw where somebody asked about it being waterproof but got no answer. Does anybody know if it is waterproof?
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Just like HH does with the BRXL he has castle build for him with a better stronger bec circuit, he is probably having turnigy build out the servo's for him with an upgraded board in it and tighter quality control procedures
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcab View Post
Just like HH does with the BRXL he has castle build for him with a better stronger bec circuit, he is probably having turnigy build out the servo's for him with an upgraded board in it and tighter quality control procedures
According to white -trash, companies don't do that . They just lie
crazy nick is offline   Reply With Quote

HH Servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C.I. - Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount - Annoucement Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 10 05-07-2015 01:25 PM
***Crawler Innovations Engraved Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 106 10-20-2013 02:16 AM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 228 07-12-2011 01:17 PM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 266 04-01-2011 02:18 PM
Crawler Innovations Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount GIVEAWAY!!! Nova's Ark General Crawlers 219 10-18-2010 12:43 PM