Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Need some bec wiring and voltage advice please look and help me out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question Need some bec wiring and voltage advice please look and help me out

Here is a current diagram of the way my truck is going to be setup when my rear winch arrives PLEASE SEE BELOW PICTURE FOR WHAT I NEED ADVICE ON

I am wondering if I need to upgrade to a bec pro to get full voltage to both my steering servo and winches. My current castle bec is set at 6.4V and is plugged into a y servo cable with my steering servo and goes into my rx. The new warn rc4wd winches use a different control unit then the older winches and do not have a seperate power supply. The new winch controller is powered from the rx. I have a heyok winch toggle switch coming so I can use one winch controller for 2 winches and just flip the switch to select front or rear. I am trying to decide if I should get a castle bec pro because they have 2 power outputs instead of one. So what I am thinking is that I could do something similar to what I have done with my current bec and use a y cable for ouput 1 and plugging it into the y cable and then the other plug is my steering servo then to the rx. Then output 2 of the bec again with a y connected to my winch control unit and then to the rx. I would just appreciate the help so I make sure to get enough voltage to everything since currently my winch servo is a little slow due to being powered through the receiver. My servo is a hitec 7954SH and my servo winch is a hitec 645mg with the circuit board and pot adjuster removed that is powered and controlled by a winch controller.

Last edited by ssdub33; 01-27-2014 at 06:01 PM.
ssdub33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Need some bec wiring and voltage advice please look and help me out - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Need Some Wiring Advice... Airmaxx23 Electronics 3 12-16-2010 02:10 PM
Wiring HD A/V Advice Robb Chit Chat 10 09-16-2008 09:42 PM
wiring corvette crawle Electronics 1 08-13-2008 03:16 PM
Wiring??? Wheels4186 General Crawlers 2 06-01-2007 02:59 PM
Wiring Help! Z71HULK General Crawlers 7 01-13-2007 10:33 AM