RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Rough Tekin FXR (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/482808-rough-tekin-fxr.html)

Odd-M 02-11-2014 02:36 PM

Rough Tekin FXR - motor issues?

So I mounted up a FXR in my SCXm, with a Tekin HD 35t and 3S. Seems to function well besides one thing; startup is not as smooth as I'd wish.

It starts with a "snap" both forward and reverse. Not much speed once it starts, but impossible to get a smooth start. Especially compared to my Wraith with Novak Eiger Pro and Novak 35t on 3S, that's just silky smooooth. The same radio. Must say I'm becomming disapointed with Tekin at the moment, after all the bashing against Novak and hype around Tekin on this forum.

Did the self test/factory reset to start with, and have programmed everyting else as I wish. But as far I can see neutral width and trottle profiles is FX only and not programmable on the FXR.
I don't have Tekin hotwire available.

Have anyone else experienced this? Possbile solutions?

lemonhead 02-11-2014 04:41 PM

Re: Rough Tekin FXR

check the settings on you TX they could be off. I own 3 FXR's and all work great

Odd-M 02-11-2014 04:56 PM

What settings? Everything is set to neutral and it's calibrated against the esc.

winnerone23 02-11-2014 05:02 PM

What gear ratio are you running? What tx?

I have used a dozen fxr's. Loved every one of them!

It sounds like ur neutral width.. might have to hunt a local down or a lhs to use a Hotwire.

Odd-M 02-11-2014 05:08 PM

Stock 20/87, Spektrum DX3C with OrangeRX reciever. I use this radio for two other cars, works great. I just don't understand what settings that may cause this.

winnerone23 02-11-2014 05:15 PM

Have you tried gearing it down? I run mine 87/16.

I have the same tx. Do you have a spektrum rx to swap out and test?
I have read that some of them orange rx can be out of whack.

Odd-M 02-12-2014 11:23 AM

I'm using the radio on other cars without issues. Will try another reciever and see. Gearing shouldn't be a problem anyways. I might have understood if if this was a non sensored brushless, but even the VXL system can be smoother at times than this. When I have the car running I can let the trottle go back a bit and drive it very, very slowly. It's just when it starts it needs a little more power to respond. Can it possibly be the motor?

lemonhead 02-13-2014 04:21 PM

take the motor apart and check it., I had 3 tekin motors and they all sucked. now I use HH motors and never had a problem

badhoopty 02-13-2014 04:28 PM

motor brush maybe stickin or bad solder joint on the motor maybe?

Odd-M 02-23-2014 07:03 AM

Did some trailing today. After an hour the motor started smelling burnt. It's not hot at all. Might be imagening but it also sounds strange. My solderings are fine. I'm a bit new to this and have never opened a motor before. Because it's literary just run under packs I expect it to last much longer...

Edit:
I've checked the brushes and comm, seems fine to me.