Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: So undecided!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 12:34 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default So undecided!

So here's where I'm at and I can't decide where to go next. Receiver and ESC in the rear in a sealed project box? Project box along side the tranny on the nerf bar posts? Just Plasti dip it all and put wherever? Isn't that bad for heat dispersion? Use that conformal coating stuff I hear praised? Just silicone it all up? Is that ok? Will the RC4wd wireless winch receiver even pickup a signal if I box it up? I'm desperate for a decision on all this. I want to go with the safest and most effective route here but what is that? Oh God help me, I wanna get this thing back in service for the weekend weather! I guess at least I got the rear axle waterproofed yesterday.

fatsachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: So undecided!

Conformal coating works great but so do project boxes, plasti-dip and liquid electrical tape. The choice really is yours. My preference is to use conformal coating. Most manufactures use this product already on their electronics so putting a few more coats on is no big deal and if something does go wrong with it they won't complain about it being altered as it appears to be factory still.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: So undecided!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
Conformal coating works great but so do project boxes, plasti-dip and liquid electrical tape. The choice really is yours. My preference is to use conformal coating. Most manufactures use this product already on their electronics so putting a few more coats on is no big deal and if something does go wrong with it they won't complain about it being altered as it appears to be factory still.
I was reading you have to be careful about getting that stuff on some places or something? Wires and something else? So it's a coating that will waterproof really well all on it's own?
fatsachs is offline   Reply With Quote

So undecided! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
undecided WRAITH???? Japanwraith Axial Wraith 4 09-06-2013 07:39 AM
I want to get an SCX10 but I'm undecided AR Fabrication Axial SCX-10 11 03-04-2012 11:32 PM
Undecided Jake Alabama 1 04-16-2011 01:16 AM
undecided BrianP General Crawlers 7 03-06-2010 10:33 PM
Undecided??? Please Help!!! Ednevel111 Tires and Wheels 9 02-22-2008 08:40 PM