Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Electronics Help!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #1

Default Electronics Help!!!

So I went to fire up my wraith and I get steering only. I can see that the ESC (stock ae-2) is getting a signal and power because when I squeeze the trigger I see the green light and when I hit brake/reverse I see the red light, but no actual movement. I have replaced batteries in the TX and taken all apart to make sure there was no binding. I read some where in here about a bad RX port so I am going to try and trouble shoot it with another RX I have laying around. I am wondering though if anyone would happen to know what might be causing this off the top of their head?
Boats85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Electronics Help!!!

Have you checked the bullet connectors from the ESC to the motor? Try unplugging and plugging them back in.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #3

Have u re calculate your radios to the esc?
For AE2
Hold the trigger while turning on until u hear a squeeze of beep...
Hold full reverse till another squeeze of beep...
Release trigger and wait the esc to store the setting.

Eric Ang
Ericang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #4

Yes that was one of the first things. I also tried unhooking and rebooking up the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #5

Random question and I don't think it has anything to do with the problem since it was working fine before, but the white wire on the ae-2 is negative? I have a HH 13t Crawl Master Sport and it has red(+) and black(-) wires. It can get confusing sometimes just want to make sure I have them right.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #6

Ok so I have tried a few things. I tried plugging a new RX and TX into the system with no luck. Then I did some more reading and tried a suggestion of rebinding the TX and RX. I rebound the TX and RX then recalibrated. I had a little luck, the motor turned about 1/8th rotation and now I am back at square one with steering and no throttle. Any guesses?
Old 03-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

What motor are you running? Today my sons rig was stuttering a little and acted like it wanted to cut out...and finally it quit. And he had steering but no movement. His lighys on the esc were working as they should...but the motor wasn't making the chiming sounds upon power-up... turns out that he had a hung brush on his Novak 55t motor... I pulled It out and let it snap back a couple times and then it was good as gold... but his brushes are about worn out, so I need to get him some new ones..
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Yep, I was going to suggest trying to push the rig with your foot as you give it throttle.

Brushes go bad, could be dead spot on comm. This happens with brushed motors with alot of use. If it's a rebuilbable motor your golden if it's a closed can then you need a new motor.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #9

After doing some more trouble shooting I put power directly to the motor and nothing happened, didn't budge. The motor is a HH 13t Crawl master sport. I have maybe four hours of light trail use on it and that's guessing on the high end. I don't know much on trouble shooting brushed motors, but I took the brushes out and they look good to me. Any other suggestions? I was hoping to narrow the problem down so I can buy the replacement motor part. The motor is rebuild able.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Just try what I suggested, boot it along while giving it throttle, if it starts rolling then you know 100% it's the motor.

If the motor isn't the problem then you need to start looking at other things.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #11

I think I found the prob. Dirty or dead armature. I haven't had the time to try and clean and re oil it but as soon as I do I will post results. Anyone know what would cause a dead armature on such as new motor? If that is even the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #12

i am having the same problem. steering but no throttle, i wasn't getting any beeping so i replaced motor still nothing. I have a new brxl esc in the mail. i sure hope that does the trick im getting a itchy throttle finger.
mbrycet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:02 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrycet View Post
i am having the same problem. steering but no throttle, i wasn't getting any beeping so i replaced motor still nothing. I have a new brxl esc in the mail. i sure hope that does the trick im getting a itchy throttle finger.
You have to program that as well but it is the same as the ae2 and other castle esc's.
lostonthetrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #14

Anyone have and tips on how to clean an armature? Everything I read said I could just use soapy water and a tooth brush, dry completely, and then oil bearings with 10W-30 or lighter oil.

Electronics Help!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lowering the body and the electronics getting the electronics in a waterproof box m1009cucv Axial SCX-10 15 10-01-2011 07:45 PM
electronics help will bell Newbie General 3 04-15-2010 10:15 AM