Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Does anyone know if there is a lipo cut-off on a vaterra glamis uno?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 09:04 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Question Does anyone know if there is a lipo cut-off on a vaterra glamis uno?

So I just bought the Vaterra Glamis Uno and I have been wondering if it comes with a lipo cut-off. I e-mailed rcplanet.com support about this and they still won't answer my simple question so my only hope was to make a new thread. I plan on running 3s, and I know it comes with a 2s but that thing can open it's power with a venom 3s. There is only a handfull of 3s batteries that will fit inside the glamis. So is there a lipo cut-off on the esc itself? I think its a dynamite 70amp esc with a 540 4-pole 3300 kv motor, I got this brand new from rcplanet for only 250.00, thats not bad!! But anyways if anyone knows please let me know, thank you in advance. - axial 4x4 crawler

P.S.= Yes I know it's a fast truck and has nothing to do with crawlers, but this is a esc question so it belongs in this forum.lol.
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Does anyone know if there is a lipo cut-off on a vaterra glamis uno?

Come on guys, stop looking and please answer my question!! I need to know, it's not that I'm uneducated on this but I don't know so can someone please answer me!!
Old 03-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Does anyone know if there is a lipo cut-off on a vaterra glamis uno?

The dynamite 70a is a rebranded HW ezrun WP80a
HOBBYWING TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
And yes it has auto lipo cut off.
I use 2s and 3s on it regulary with no problem, its realy fun with 3s, but you have to be gentle on the trottle since it so powerful its spins out easy.
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Okay thank you for the input, I appreciate it. The only problem now is that I can't really find a 3s that will fit the vaterra glamis, since the battery compartment is somewhat small. Turnigy makes good 3s lipos that will fit and I plan on ordering one soon. I wouldn't normally buy a cheaper lipo but I have no choice, and I'm not going to spend 60-70 for a traxxas brand lipo due to there only 25c and most turnigy battery's are 45c but anyways I plan on running deans connectors and of course a 3s. Also, I would like to upgrade to a different power system in the future, I'm looking at viper systems, then a castle sidewinder 8, so I'm not sure yet. But thanks again, - axial 4x4 crawler